North Texas Feast???

North Texas Swamper Feast Sept. 27 at J. Gilligan's?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday nights are out for me, but I could do a Saturday night, if I'm not having to work.

ftwdiver14:
It would be nice to keep it central for those in and near Ft Worth and the same for the Dallas area folks. Nobody wants to drive 50 miles I would guess.

Is Arlington centrally located enough?

Friday nights are out for me, but I could do a Saturday night, if I'm not having to work.

Is Arlington centrally located enough?

Arlington would work great for me. Hopefully it will work for the majority of those who wold like to come out.

As for the day, any day for me is just as bad as another. I am never too sure if I may have to work or not. Saturdays will be great if we can pick the best weekend. Am I wrong to think many would rather be diving on a Saturday, unless they plan on returning in time.

Maybe we can strive for either the 20th or the 27th of this month.

Arlington....the 9/20th or 27th looks ok for me.

Arlington....the 9/20th or 27th looks ok for me.

We can call it - First Arlington Regional Texas Social or FARTS for short.

or Northern Area Regional Community Social - NARCS

DIMWIT NARCS seems to have a ring to it.

DIMWIT FARTS - that just sound bad.

FARTS ??? Really! I must protest!
I will not be attending if you knumbskulls call this thing the FARTS !!!!
(okay. it is kind of funny. still, i won't be attending)

Otherwise, I would think a weekend night would work better for most people. We might all potentially be diving on Saturday nights; but I am guessing not. You really have to play the numbers here because you will never find one night (you only have 7 to choose from) that will please everyone so you are just looking for a night where "most" people will be happy with the selection. As said, I would think a weekend night would be most palatable to people but I could be wrong.

I would be good with most any restaurant / cuisine. Arlington / Bedford / Euless / Hurst.
I would think the bigger problem, having worked similar social club requirements before, will be finding a restaurant with an appropriate dining area for groups that is compatible with what we think we need from a dining facility.

(okay. it is kind of funny. still, i won't be attending).

Francis said, "All I know is any of you homos try anything funny, and I'll kill ya."
Sarge said, "Lighten up Francis."

It could be Arlington Scuba Society Honoring Old Lady Aquanauts
or the society of Scuba In North Sector
or the Group Of Narced Area Divers Society
or the Scuba Underwater Diving Society
or Self Contained Underwater Breathing Apparatus of North Texas
or Regional Area North Texas Scuba
or Enough Area Terrible Scuba

Its all in good fun

I thought one of your requirements was a dance floor. That dancing on the chairs can be dangerous after a few drinks. :D

LOL...it has been 4 years since that night....Alan you are never gonna live that down...now get on that table and dance texdanceguy:rofl3:

(okay. it is kind of funny. still, i won't be attending)

Otherwise, I would think a weekend night would work better for most people. We might all potentially be diving on Saturday nights; but I am guessing not. You really have to play the numbers here because you will never find one night (you only have 7 to choose from) that will please everyone so you are just looking for a night where "most" people will be happy with the selection. As said, I would think a weekend night would be most palatable to people but I could be wrong.

I would be good with most any restaurant / cuisine. Arlington / Bedford / Euless / Hurst.
I would think the bigger problem, having worked similar social club requirements before, will be finding a restaurant with an appropriate dining area for groups that is compatible with what we think we need from a dining facility.

I agree with that, you can't please everyone. Hopefully we can get quite a showing.

I guess the 27th of Sept will be as good a date as any. We can schedule it for the 27th at around 7 PM.

Now if we can come up with a good place that can handle (or dare to) a group of DIMWITs. When we choose a place I will call and see about reserving a place for us all to fit in. So also I will need a count of all who would like to try to attend.

Sept. 27 is good for me. Joe's Crab Shack on Copeland Road (where Alan's Dancing With The Stars audition took place) has always been good to us. They have a party room, or we could commandere the patio, if there is enough interest. Any other suggestions?

I won't give a ringing endorsement; but J Gilligans in Arlington (on Abram) has always been magnanimous to our social club. They have a "group" room. It is a magnanimous restuarant. The food is just okay. Nothing great. But they do have beer :D

Trimix,
It's all good! I know it's all in fun. Still, FARTS ?? I don't know. I still gotta protest that one.
Now, the ASSHOLA, GNADS or SUDS . . . . . . . That's funny!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom