North Coast dive sites?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks like great conditions... Maybe I'll join in next time... seems like it was a doubles friendly site...

What do you say Peter, Ryan? A little scooter exploration?

Totally! It's almost 3 hours from the Peninsula, but I'd go again for the same dive conditions (and if an explosive right-post roll-on didn't blow my passenger-side doormat onto the seat and dump 600 psi in 30 seconds).

Looks like great conditions... Maybe I'll join in next time... seems like it was a doubles friendly site...

What do you say Peter, Ryan? A little scooter exploration?

Ben, you would just need show up at Ryan's or my house and we will all jump in one vehicle and go. I can make it to your house in about 1 hour, and the dive site is an hour and fifteen minutes from my house.

You missed an awesome dive with great vis of around 30 feet (at least good for the North Coast :D ). We scootered out to 78 feet and the structure there is spectacular with tons of pinnacles. We saw Spanish Shawls, a GIANT ling, more fish than I think I have ever seen on the North Coast, metridiums, and the rest of the usual suspects. The water was warm (46 degrees at depth), and NO surge or current at all. Surface time was spent chatting with friends both new and old.

The "Save a dive kit, of the save a dive kit" still has me laughing. My kit was having issues that needed to be addressed.

The "Save a dive kit, of the save a dive kit" still has me laughing. My kit was having issues that needed to be addressed.

Lol I can't believe we almost had enough gear between us to cobble together a complete new rig. It's like that van in Short Circuit. Thanks for the eagle-scout knot-tying expertise too, I seriously can't believe caveline-cum-cambands kept that tank on for the duration of the dive :D

I'm still trying to figure it out:

Should that be "save-a-save-a-dive-kit kit"?

Either way, glad to meet you all on Saturday!

- steve

thx for the vid. For a minute I was thinking you'd just giant stride off the cliff.

Ben, you would just need show up at Ryan's or my house and we will all jump in one vehicle and go. I can make it to your house in about 1 hour, and the dive site is an hour and fifteen minutes from my house.

You missed an awesome dive with great vis of around 30 feet (at least good for the North Coast :D ). We scootered out to 78 feet and the structure there is spectacular with tons of pinnacles. We saw Spanish Shawls, a GIANT ling, more fish than I think I have ever seen on the North Coast, metridiums, and the rest of the usual suspects. The water was warm (46 degrees at depth), and NO surge or current at all. Surface time was spent chatting with friends both new and old.

and dang it i left my scooter in Monterey.... hmmmm

For a minute I was thinking you'd just giant stride off the cliff.

Of course we did. How else would you get into the water? :lotsalove:

DSC04608.JPG

HEY! Does anyone know what the DFG had going on just outside of Jenner on Saturday? They were out there in the morning in force, then a few were still hanging around in the afternoon.

Gombessa, that is a great dive site you posted there. Few dive it because of the cliff jump with full gear on, but it is worth it...trust me :D

this is another argument against split fins. I think sea water being forced through that tiny slit in your fins, at 200 fps, would cut your head off. I have to check my calcs on this.

nice pic, btw

HEY! Does anyone know what the DFG had going on just outside of Jenner on Saturday? They were out there in the morning in force, then a few were still hanging around in the afternoon.

Gombessa, that is a great dive site you posted there. Few dive it because of the cliff jump with full gear on, but it is worth it...trust me :D
its just the ab opener. every year during the opener the dfg and rescue teams practice techniques on surveillance and safety. it happens every year for about a month during the opener. often times this is a check point for checking game as well.

also there was a person who died falling of the cliff that day. this is what you must have saw. nobody knows how it happened. nobody called it in. I forgot about that for a min.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom