North Coast dive sites?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm going to up at the North Coast Sat too. We were thinking about diving Gerstle but I'd love to dive Fort Ross too. I'll be in a grey 4Runner with a dive flag on the bumper. Stop and say hi if you see me. :D

there's also 2 ship wreaks at Gerstle. with conditions the way they are. you might want to consider south gerstle. it is a bit more challenging of an entry. but the wreaks are more accessible from here. also if you fill up in petaluma or santa rosa. gas will be a lot cheaper there. costal gastations have some of the highest gas prices @. that costal tax. and you will have plenty of fuel. there are gas stations out there. ocean cove had some. but just ripped them out this year. but there are some at Fort Ross store. I would consider joining you all. but I have work to complete this weekend. have fun.

Michelle, hope to "bump" into you again on Saturday. It's looking like another amazing day of diving!

Just a few miles south of you, we were at Ft Ross today. Diving with micboucher, a friend of hers, anneh, and srcaldiver. Saw PeterC and Rpress and met gombessa! Our second dive had about 25' vis and we found the boiler of the Pomona. woo hoo! First dive was pretty krill infested and vis was only about 10-15'.

I'm further north than most of you guys (Humboldt), and new to the north coast diving. Can anyone provide Lat/Longs so that I could look them up on Google earth. Heard about all of these places but I can't seem to place them on a map.

Just a few miles south of you, we were at Ft Ross today. Diving with micboucher, a friend of hers, anneh, and srcaldiver. Saw PeterC and Rpress and met gombessa! Our second dive had about 25' vis and we found the boiler of the Pomona. woo hoo! First dive was pretty krill infested and vis was only about 10-15'.

Another great day of North Coast diving! Thanks for showing us that site and leading us to the Pomona Jeff. :D

It was great to meet Gombessa and see everyone else again.

Was great diving with you again Michelle. Lots of life in that kelp field off the point.

drewdude, Ft Ross (actually, the Pomona) is at 38˚30'40.15" N 123˚14'48.32" W

Ditto! It was a GREAT day to dive the north coast, with conditions I would have been ecstatic about in Monterey. On top of that, no surge, calm shoreline and a sunny, warm beach. Who could ask for more? I'm glad to finally have met up with Jeff, Michelle, Peter and a few others too. Seems like we all picked a great day to be at Ft. Ross.

I put up a short video of the day: YouTube - North Coast Fort Ross Scuba Dive

Looks like great conditions... Maybe I'll join in next time... seems like it was a doubles friendly site...

What do you say Peter, Ryan? A little scooter exploration?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom