BOCAS DEL TORO, PANAMA - DIVE SITES

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Friends,

For the 1ST TIME, I’m heading to BOCAS DEL TORO, PANAMA with my boat to do some diving. After a few hours of research on this website and others, plus a couple of guide books, I’ve put together a list of potential dive sites below:

• CORAL CAY
  • LA BUGA
  • TIGER ROCK
  • BOCA DEL DRAGO
  • PLAYGROUND
  • PUNTA CARACOL
  • ZAPATILLO CAYO
  • AIRPORT POINT
  • THE OLD WRECK
  • MANGROVE POINT
  • PANDORA
  • OLD MAN’S
  • SACHEN
  • DOLPHIN ROCK
  • MACHETTE COVE
  • HOSPITAL POINT NORTH
  • HOSPITAL POINT SOUTH
  • MYSTIC WIND
  • GREEN HOUSE
  • MAJAGNA
  • CASABLANCA
  • STR – SMITHSONIAN TROPICAL RESEARCH
  • CRAWL CAY
I only have rough map locations and few GPS coordinates. Please share any GPS coordinates so I can add them to the list.

Also, please add any sites I’ve missed…

~Captain Lisa Longshadow

Your post is fine. Bocas is just not a big dive destination, so most SBers are unlikely to be familiar with the area.

We dove yesterday!!!

• Casablanca - 42' / viz @ 15' / water temp @ 83 / lots of soft & hard corals
  • Pandora - 61' / viz @ 30' / temp @ 83 / gorgeous corals, lobster, crab, the usual reef fish and a sunken ship!

We have learned that deep dive sites on the eastern side of the archipelago like Zapatillo, Machette, Bird Island and Tiger Rock are only doable during Sept/Oct due to current and swell.

We dove yesterday!!!

• Casablanca - 42' / viz @ 15' / water temp @ 83 / lots of soft & hard corals
  • Pandora - 61' / viz @ 30' / temp @ 83 / gorgeous corals, lobster, crab, the usual reef fish and a sunken ship!

We have learned that deep dive sites on the eastern side of the archipelago like Zapatillo, Machette, Bird Island and Tiger Rock are only doable during Sept/Oct due to current and swell.
Have you done any more diving in Bocas since this? I may be in Bocas this January and would enjoy some dive outings. Any recommendations?

Back
Top Bottom