Normal interstage pressures?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kwindham

Registered
Reaction score
I can't make up my mind whether these are acceptable interstage pressures or not (Bauer K14 compressor):

1st - 40 psi
2nd - 200 psi
3rd - 600 psi
4th - 3000 psi

When I switch off the compressor, all gages hold their values well, but I have this nagging feeling that the first and second stages harbor ever so slightly low values. Thoughts? Should I tear into it and repair valves or get some more use out of it and wait until the pressures become more clearly out of bounds?

All are slightly low 1st 44 to 58, 2nd 250 to 290, 3rd 840 to 940. Probably rings not the valves. If you are wanting 5000PSI do the work. IF 3500 is good wait longer.
Jim Shelden

I can't make up my mind whether these are acceptable interstage pressures or not (Bauer K14 compressor):

1st - 40 psi
2nd - 200 psi
3rd - 600 psi
4th - 3000 psi

When I switch off the compressor, all gages hold their values well, but I have this nagging feeling that the first and second stages harbor ever so slightly low values. Thoughts? Should I tear into it and repair valves or get some more use out of it and wait until the pressures become more clearly out of bounds?

K14 covers a lot of years and a lot of modifications. Can you give us a model year or block number?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom