Nomad XT rigging/adjustments feedback appreciated

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

- i actually ran the bungee loop around the tank valve, not just under it :wink:

It is hard to see but is the loop ran around the valve as in under the hoses too? Or is it just ran under the knob and under the back of the valve?

The left cylinder just needs the bungee loop to be shortened. That will raise the valve and drop the bottom, making the cylinder parallel to your body. The right cylinder needs the leash to be a little longer then the same thing with the bungee loop.

The left cylinder just needs the bungee loop to be shortened. That will raise the valve and drop the bottom, making the cylinder parallel to your body. The right cylinder needs the leash to be a little longer then the same thing with the bungee loop.

during the dive, i couldn't figure out why my right tanks was canted inward toward my body, since bungee and leash lengths are symmetrical on both sides.

taking a closer look at the video, i see that the tank neck cord that is attached to the boltsnap is running under the first stage.

tank cord.jpg

I've got about 20 dives in my SM rig so far and I think I'm getting pretty close to having it dialed in. One of the last bits I'm still tweaking is the bungee and leash length.

I'm thinking I need to shorten the bungee length a little and lengthen the leash length a little as well. Also maybe move the cam bands toward the bottom of the tank about an inch or so.

Am I off-base with this assessment? Any other advice?

Thanks.

[video=vimeo;29022538]http://vimeo.com/29022538[/video]

I'd say your assessment is right on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom