Nocturnal lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just ordered an SL50 demo unit... it still cost more than I wanted to spend, but it looks like more light than I expected to buy :)

I'm looking forward to using it!

Daylonius,

You're in big trouble now! HAhah j/p, well, different products are made for different people with different budgets and values, and I wouldn't force you to buy a dive light that you don't need. The difference in performance will be obvious when you dive into the water though. I mentioned before that our goal is to be "all things to some people" rather than "all things to all people", and I'm here to let people know about the features of our products and how they differ from other products, then we'll leave it up to you to decide what's best for you :)

Floater,

Your assumptions are pretty much correct. We have a pretty conservative estimate on http://www.nocturnallights.com/halogen-vs.-hid.php, but you can see our light output compared to the 21w HID. Bulb life shouldn't be an issue, we have yet to have any bulbs burn out on us yet and if your bulb does burn out on you, they cost betweeen $3 to $5 at your local hardware store. We carry 4700k bulbs that are more rare and we sell them for around $12-$15 each on our site. Each of our SL or TL models comes with 3 to 4 bulbs, so you always have spares and the options to change out the bulbs depending on the dive that you do that day.

Bicster,

Thanks for the support, I hope you will enjoy your lights as much as everyone else who tried it from Scubaboard.

I turn 30 in a couple of weeks and my mother-in-law asked my wife what she could get me. My wife isn't a diver but knew i was looking for a dive light so with some discretion she sussed me out.....

i'm getting a nocturnal SL50. I've seen people raving about them on here. Hopefully i like it as much as everyone else here....

ads

I'm glad i started this thread. So much great information has been posted. Thanks Tim for taking the time to keep us updated on these great lights.

ScubaFrog01:
I'm glad i started this thread. So much great information has been posted. Thanks Tim for taking the time to keep us updated on these great lights.
Scubafrog, I also am glad you did - amazing what it generated. Especially with regard to responsiveness from the manufacturer.

tedwhiteva:
Scubafrog, I also am glad you did - amazing what it generated. Especially with regard to responsiveness from the manufacturer.

I agree, now i just can't wait to get my hands on one of these puppies...............

I took my SL50 on a few cavern dives and night dives in PDC and Cozumel - I think 8 total. I played with the 20W, 35W, and 50W bulbs. It's a very nice light. It made people on the dive boat -- DM included -- envious.

I've decided I want something with longer burn time for my next trip, so I'll probably go HID. I'm not sure if I'll keep the SL50 or sell it.

Bicster:
I took my SL50 on a few cavern dives and night dives in PDC and Cozumel - I think 8 total. I played with the 20W, 35W, and 50W bulbs. It's a very nice light. It made people on the dive boat -- DM included -- envious.

I've decided I want something with longer burn time for my next trip, so I'll probably go HID. I'm not sure if I'll keep the SL50 or sell it.

Sounds to me like you need to upgrade to the TL50 Extreme Rechargeable Dive Light.
I was considering the TL50 Pro Rechargeable but after thinking it over the TL50 Extreme is the way I plan on going...christmas just will not come fast enough......:fish:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom