No wonder the airlines are hurting.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RICHinNC

Contributor
Reaction score
I made reservations only a couple of days ago for tickets to Barbados. I go on line and find out....they have been changed....and I had no clue.

I called AA and was very polite to the lady. I told her I know it wasnt her fault but I felt like I had been baited and switched. SHE AGREED....then she put me on hold NEVER TO COME BACK AGAIN. The call finally just dropped off.

I went to their customer service area and wrote a polite but honest letter to them and I will bet you....I end up with WORSE flights than I even have now.

What the heck is the use to making reservations ahead of time if they are worthless??

Sorry...I am just 20 megaton p***** right now.

RICHinNC:
I made reservations only a couple of days ago for tickets to Barbados. I go on line and find out....they have been changed....and I had no clue.

I called AA and was very polite to the lady. I told her I know it wasnt her fault but I felt like I had been baited and switched. SHE AGREED....then she put me on hold NEVER TO COME BACK AGAIN. The call finally just dropped off.

I went to their customer service area and wrote a polite but honest letter to them and I will bet you....I end up with WORSE flights than I even have now.

What the heck is the use to making reservations ahead of time if they are worthless??

Sorry to hear that.:11:

RICHinNC:

I complained about the same thing a few weeks ago. They changed our flight plan without telling us and we were meeting friends at a halfway point, needless to say they did not change there flight.
On the other hand on that trip AA broke one of the fasteners on my Pelican case, three to four weeks to get it repaired. After four weeks I called and asked where my case was "we sent it back to Pelican yesterday". Yesterday ! you have had it four weeks. Two days later I got a brand new case from Pelican :D

I agree, every US airline just flat out sucks! I flew BA a while back and what an eye opener! This was a first, not only was the food great, not just good but restauraunt great, it was so hot I had to let it cool. And they don't charge you $5 for a warm budweiser. Free coctails and wine with meals.
No symapthy from me when they get pay cuts or go on strike the day before Xmas and get scabed out.

British Airways.

It's funny when life imitates TV...or is it TV imitating life?
http://www.commonsense.wnymedia.net/Video/SeinfeldReservationJ.wmv
Customer Service has gone out the window these days, but much of it is the customers own fault. We no longer speak with our Dollar. We insist on going back again and again to companies that screw us over...often times just to save a buck or because we have been brainwashed by big budget advertising. Over time that large corporation or company runs the little guys out of business and then they REALLY have no reason to give good customer service because you have no options.

Airlines change schedlues... There's nothing you can do about it. You accept that risk, when you purchase a ticket, and it's not hidden from you, it's disclosed.

I've flown first class on a few U.S. airlines, and the food and service is always incredible.

If you fly any airline internationally, the service is different, than a standard domestic U.S. flight (where you get NOTHING in coach, except a small bag of nuts, and a soda)

same thing happened to me when going to Hawaii, made my reservations about 9 months in advance. The airline (United), while at least having the decensy to call and notify me of changes (x4); albeit by automated system, having me call a number and stay onhold forever. The last time they changed my reservation, they gave me a very generous 7 minute window to change planes/gates (w/2 kids) in SF on my return flight. Which she didn't feel was a problem; her computer said it would be fine. After much debate she finally gave in a layed us over in LA for 4 hrs!!!! So much for making early reservations...

If an airline makes a unilateral schedulue change that is unsatisfactory to you, you have multiple options including a full refund at your discretion (even of a non-refundable fare). Alternatively, most airlines are willing to reaccommodate you on different flights through different hubs or using different nearby origination and/or destination airports to make things work. Do your homework and find alternate flights that are satisfactory to you before calling the airline. And if you really need some more help, www.flyertalk.com/ like this board is an excellent place to seek it (be sure to post in the forum applicable to the airline that is supposed to operate your flights).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom