No Topic/Chat thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Please use this thread to post your VENICE dive reports. Please include (((if possible)))

Site Location (Alhambra, Service club, Sharkeys, S. Brohard, Casperson)
Water Temp
Vizibility
Tide state if you know it (high,low, incoming or outgoing)
Wind direction and strength
Surf
Presence of drift algae

Let's try to keep this thread clean and devoid of off topic postings. Timely and accurate reports are valuable to (((everyone))) so let's keep this thread current.

Wow, first post on the forum for 2012~! First, Happy New Year (plus some) to all. I hope you all have a wonderful New Year (and productive with regards to discoveries). Remember, be safe and if you can share (like if anyone knows about this weekend's outlook.. sadly life/work didn't let me go out last weekend... Sunday thoughts?).

Take care to all... Thanks for the board/sharing... Hope 2012 is great for all...

Anyone have current bottom tempsthe last day or two? It looks like surface temp is coming up fast, but the buoy is notoriously inaccurate

I saw a report on facebook from Florida Underwater Sports from about 2 days ago & they reported 5 - 8 ft viz & suface temp of 68. Bottom temp was 66. Unfortunately I don't remember exactly where they were but it was in the Venice area.

Went back & checked and the report was from yesterday at Service Club.

The water temp at the pier is 71.
I usually -4 for a close bottom temp in the 20' depths.

That vis report 2 days ago (Tues.) would only be 2 days after being at the Jetties Sun. afternoon watching them surf in brown colored water and 3'+ seas.
I just don't see it clearing that fast

I hear ya Tooth. All I know is that's what they reported. They are having their Donut Dive at Service Club tomorrow morning so we'll see what they report from that.

Anyone been out or have any thoughts on what Viz is like for this week? Might try to get day off work... Thank you in advance :)

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom