No Topic/Chat thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've seen one a few times off of golden beach that usually has a small goliath living in it. Last time I saw it was about two years ago so it could have easily moved. The tread part of the tire was about three feet wide.

Almost had me second guessing my shore Dive today Jamie! LOL. Bold fish. Id take a bite like that for a 2-3" meg anyday. .

Hoping to go out Friday or Saturday... any word on the viz?
Also, I haven't been north of the pier in a time... know that there has been some good mammal finds in past... anyone tried directly north of pier/Sharky's in a time?

Thank you in advance for any post/reply...

Hey Dive4LifeSW. I had hoped to get a dive in this morning, before the front comes through. Unfortunately the winds have already turned & the water looks like soup. Don't know if it'll clear by the weekend.:( sorry

Viz Was fine... High tide was at 11:30 today.. that's when we had the best 8-10 easy... Didn't get the rain till about 230.. Before that it was nice and sunny. north huh......:tmi2:....

11/23/2011
9:30 am
Wind SSW 5-10
Seas 1-2'
Water Temp 72 surface 69 0n the bottom
Vis: 3-4' in some spots but 6-10' in others...:wink:
Finds: Everyone Found Megs.. Mostly 2-3"ers.. and alot of small stuff too..
Had a heavy rain around 2:30pm.
"If your gunna go out try and hit the peek of high tide for the best VIZ..."

Rick, It would be helpful if you included where you were diving (Alhambra, Service club, Brohard, Boneyard) and water depth. Viz has been VERY variable depending on location and depth. Claiming 6-8 foot viz without location and depth can be very misleading to someone planning a beach dive.

I run a charter service from my boat. My report contains the same information as the Aristacat or Florida West would post. Notice "vis: 3-4' in some areas." That was in 17 ft of water. I put that in there so as not to be misleading about our viz. Please understand as a charter service I would like to keep my location somewhat discrete as this is how I earn a living..

Thanks, Capt Rick..

Rick, no one is interested in "stealing" your sites. Unless your boat has a cloaking system, anyone with a compass and a good pair of binoculars can triangulate your position. The purpose of this forum is to primariliy aid beach divers, not promote your business. If you're going to post reports without locations or water depth maybe they should be considered exagerated advertising rather than facts. You would not be the first charter captain to post the same great reports and spectacular pictures over and over again just to get customers on your boat. I was mearly pointing out that adding position or depth would be helpful. Aristocat and Florida West not only have boats that are easily identifiable but both almost exclusively hunt the boneyard in 25-30 fsw.....no mystery there.

Last edited:
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom