No subject, lets just get to know each other

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Victoria

I took the pic in Mexico and was just waisting film but turned out kinda cool. PM me with your email and I'll send it to ya.

Hey There

I want to jump in here. My Name is Richard. I'm a 38 yo divorced dad of 3 great kids. 2 Boys 15-9 and a 5 yo girl. I'm about 5'10 with hazel green eyes. I'm very new to diving and I just started my classes Sunday and loved it. It was very strange the first time going under but picked it up real quick. I can't wait to get my OW cert and then get my kids involved in diving. Besides diving as my new passion I love Baseball and Hockey and playing in the rain well being in so. Cali it doesnt rain much. I am also very involved with my kids sports mostly Little League Baseball. I volunteer many hours umpiring youth baseball and softball. If anyone has common interests and would like to chat PM me I would love hearing from you

DDOWN here

My name is Tom. 48yrs Been diving since 87 Logged first 300 dives while stationed in Panama :wink: AAH Paridise at half the Price, after that was sent to Arkansas where I spent a couple of years diving some awesome freshwater sites (and Spearfishing is Legal in Fresh Water) makes it easy to bring home dinner. I now reside in Metro DC area and dive quarries with the occaisional trip to salt water. Have dove Honduras, Dominican Republic, Pueto Rico, Belize, and San Diego Areas. Haven't got to the Outer Banks this year just too busy. Married 29 years to a NON-diver who supports my addiction fully.

Always looking for new dive partners and dive BP/Wings for the last year not convinced it's Nirvana yet but working at it..Dive Dry most of the year

Tom:doctor:

Works for me...!! :banana:

I'm a 50 something former Cowboy, Farmer, Marine, and I've been diving as often as possible for 29 months, the rest of the time I wasted.

Actually, I am now self employed in mobile telcom - so I can take off more often. I rationalize that I'm on call when I'm in the U.S. and go more often. I enjoy answering my cell phone after dives: "This is Don." "Are you at your office/store?" "No, I'm in California, Florida, North Carolina, whatever. What can I do for you?"

Father of one lovely daughter, father-in-law of a neat young man, and grandfather of a spunky boy and a darling baby girl. Been divorced as long as I can remember, as I'm really unfit for marriage. :goofy: But I'm active in my recovery program, and an incorigable flirt. (Sorry, no speel chick.)

That's me on my profile photo, by the way. Isn't that the way y'all red the instructions:

"With this utility you are given the opportunity to upload a picture of yourself for everyone to view on this website. If the picture is found not of you or in some way violating the rules and policy's of this website...will be deleted by the Administrator and you may be banned."

PM me anytime, especially attractive lady divers.

:wavey: don :cluck:

My name is Ken and I'm 43. I live in Arlington, Texas, and I am currently working part-time for Comcast Cable, as a statistician for their local high school football broadcasts. I'm also hoping to get a job with ESPN SportsTicker before long and start supplying the Bottom Line with scores, stats and news from the sporting events around here.

I graduated from the University of Texas at Arlington in 1983 with a BA in Communications, and spent 21 years as a sportswriter before being laid off on April Fool's Day, 2001. I have interviewed sports personalities such as Cal Ripken Jr., Derek Jeter, Mark Spitz, Wade Boggs, Roberto Alomar, Nolan Ryan, Deion Sanders and Dick Vermeil.

I've been diving since April 2000 and I'm currently a PADI Advanced Open Water diver with certifications in both Emergency First Response and Project AWARE Coral Reef Conservation. I'm hoping to be a Master Scuba Diver in the near future.

It's very nice to meet you all! :hi:

cobaltbabe once bubbled...
Conor, never feel like a tresspasser. Heck the men have been hitting this area alot lately. Do you ever get out and watch any speedway? .

I think it was speedway that got me into bikes in the first place, I used to watch it on TV every weekend when I was growing up. Then it seemed to pretty much disappear over here, but from I have heard it is being revived. I guess it is the speed the noise and the pure chaos of speedway that is addictive to watch, I can only imagine what it would be like on the track.

My biking consists mostly of enjoying country roads on a weekend or, when time and diving permits, taking the bike away for a bit to france etc.

My name is Alyson, I'm 33 and nearly divorced. Have a wonderful boyfriend and we got certified together! Have a golden retrever called 'Bart' and a cat called 'Charlie' and a rabbit with no name. No kids, like motor racing and work in international security. Missing diving already, having withdrawal symptoms, but soon to get a fix in the red sea. Jase is hooked on the gadgets (got him interested in diving by telling him all the groovy things he could buy!) Nice to meet you all.

:)

I think this is great, getting to know more of you so it is my turn.
I just turned 50 this past July. I have been married for 31 years, I got married to my highschool sweetheart and still love him after all these years. He introduced me to snorkeling as teenagers, after college, marriage and many landlocked years we began to travel and snorkle again. I wanted to learn scuba, he had been a diver as a teenager but did not want to get certified. Long story, for another time. I had an opportunity to go to Hawaii with my brother, his family and my younger sister. So, my brother, niece, sister, brother in law, nephew and I all are certified and have been diving as a family before. It has been a year though for us to dive all together. I was OW certified in May of 2001. I have almost 150 dives now, I kind of got addicted. I dive mostly WPB, or the Bahamas. I have been to Coz 2 times, Playa del Carmen, and of course Maui. I am originally from Key West, FL so I have been back to the Keys to dive. My sister lives in Panama City Beach, and my father has a Condo in Destin, FL, so I have been to PBC to dive also. Oh, can't forget I did my certs in Ginnie Springs and have been back twice. Locally we dive at Lake Thurmond and the Savannah River. I have not been to either this year, but we have a group dive planned for this coming Sunday.

I have two sons, both married 27 and 28 years old. Our oldest son is currently living in Atlanta, but they will be moving back to
Augusta in December. That is so great since they will be home and I will be able to spend more time with my grandson who will be 1yr old in November. (I plan to get him in the pool as soon as possible). My younger son and his wife live in Augusta and they just announced they are expecting! So, I have another future dive buddy on the way. (I hope).

I am an RN, who wishes she could retire from nursing, but I have to work to support the diving habit. LOL. Seriously, I work my schedule around long enough weekends off to go diving. My husband is supportive of this even though he does not dive, his passions are for hunting, target shooting, reloading and gun workings, he also has gotten into skeet competitions of late.

Well, I know this has gotten long and I have to get ready for the hospital so I will shut up for now. I love this intro stuff though!

My name is Davis (yes, it’s my first name), and my nickname, “Jester” is derived from the fact that I can’t take too many things seriously unless they deserve to be taken that way.

I may be the elder statesman of this thread at 53. I’ve been married to the same wonderful woman for 32 years, and we have 2 grown sons. We play tennis, ride bicycles, and spend a lot of time in our garden.

I got into diving in late 1999 when my wife and I took a side trip to a resort in the Philippines when I was working in Manila. On a whim, we signed up for “Discover Scuba” and I was hooked. I’m currently a PADI Divemaster, and I’m always dreaming of my next dive trip.

As they say here in Texas, “Y’all come see us!”

My name is Ian, I live in "North Atlanta" (a nebulous region reaching into the Artic circle it seems) and recently got my NAUI OW cert in PCB. I'm 33, married with a 2 year old son (10 years to certification for him!) and one on the way, so my wife is not certified yet.

She's excited about getting certified next year. We're looking forward to getting some more training & experience so we can do respectable wrecks. My cert was in 20' vis 72F, so I'm sure I'll be surprised the first time I do "tropical" waters.

Nice chatting with y'all!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom