No subject, lets just get to know each other

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mexican, single, industrial designer, & happy diver (ssi dive-con)

0 kids, husbands...
1 mountain bike
1 halcyon bp
2 dogs
31 years old
8 years diving
104 logged dives
1 ticket for a 8 days live-aboard at galapagos next december
1 favorite link. http://www.geocities.com/pitorra/index2.html

love the sea, mountains, stars music and sharks

My name is Rick, 45 short and a bit of a penchant for beer at times, and more for diving. Certified in 1976 YMCA before they had all this other speciality cert. stuff. Started with two hose Aqua lung Regulaters! Man does that kamke me feel old!
Things have changed a bit since. Used to do Search and rescue
Married 2nd time, 14 years, wife just Certified last year. She like warm water, not cold, I just like it wet. Three dogs, three cats, 7 sheep, and a couple of too freindly coyotes that stop by at times.
Live on West coast near bay area. 2 degrees, work for a major airline, so I travel alot.

My real name is Pia. I'm 42 and 5'9" (175cm). Blue eyes and blond to gray hair. I have my 10 years diving jubilee in a couble of days and is currently finnishing up my AI course.

In the SI I'm a development engineer making vitamin powders ect. I live together with my SO (not a diver) and have no kids or pets.

If I had the time I would also be sailing and skiing, but...

And Diver Kat, your daughter should be within 20 miles of where I'm sitting at the moment:) How come she's studing here?

My name is Conor (but I guess you knew that), I am 31, grew up in Derry, Northern Ireland and now live in Cambridge in the UK by way of Cork (Eire), London, the Isle of Man and Birmingham. I am single with a beautiful 18 month old daughter (and am lucky enough to consider her mother to be one of my best friends).

Diving, I'm currently a warm water Rescue Diver looking to dive more in the UK.

Career-wise, I was a chemist but now I look after database development for a small scientific software company focused on Pharma and Biotech.

Besides, my daughter, diving and work my obsessions include motorcycling (if its red and italian) and I have to confess.....golf (occasionally). Oh and I'm open to any invitation to go dive or talk nonsense and drink beer...so if anyone finds themselves in Cambridge feel free to PM.

Excellent thread (although its in the Womens View bit so we men feel like tresspassers :) )

I just want to thank you again for this thread!! What a wonderful idea you had. Its so good to see a little piece of everyone here and see the diversity as well as the similarities from divers from all over the world!!!

Laurel- The Frog Queen
:royal:

Conor once bubbled...

Excellent thread (although its in the Womens View bit so we men feel like tresspassers :) )

Conor, never feel like a tresspasser. Heck the men have been hitting this area alot lately. Do you ever get out and watch any speedway? I spent alot of time at the tracks in England growing up since my father and brother both raced professional speedway. Love motorcycles. Miss the smell of methanal so bad.

Laurel - you very welcome. Most of the time we just see people through a screen. I figured if we put some background to everyone then it would give us a closer bond if you will with our fellow divers. After all, most of us are becoming good friends even if it is just through this board.

*Does anyone know where I could get a piece of bolistic fabric? I made a boo boo on my BC and need to repair it. I am having a heck of a time finding it in my area.

Thank you.

My name is Ross. I'm 48 and I've been diving for 12 years best I can remember. I carry a PADI instructor card, but I don't teach much anymore. I'm divorced (so long ago it doesn't count) and I have a great 16 year old daughter. I certified her at 12. I started UW photography early this year and I'm hooked.

I'm a systems engineer for a defense contractor to pay the diving bills. My other main interest is woodworking. I live with a setter dog, a siamese cat, and 12,000 honey bees. Thanks for the community spirit here.

Perhaps this should now be moved to the intros & greets forum, since it's not feminine anymore?

Allen42 once bubbled...
Perhaps this should now be moved to the intros & greets forum, since it's not feminine anymore?

I will contact the mediators and see if we can have it moved. Thank you for the suggestion Allen42

I thought your inspirational idea had been taken away from us till i realised it had been moved! Good idea to move it... now we can get to know EVERYONE :wink: !!!

Keep it up guys!

GEEKDIVER..... That is one very cool photo on ur profile... any chance i can get a copy? Would like to blow it up and put it on my wall.. like the caption too!

:D :D :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom