No manta, Yes mola, in Bali

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sounds like there are mantas in summer and early fall. anyone seen them in march or april???...what are mola mola????

what are mola mola????

in Japanese "mambo" マンボウ... edit: and if you're just an English speaking gaijin then here's the English link :D mola mola (oceanic sunfish)
Here's one from my Oct. trip. Not a great pic though...

1668075607_39e40328ed_o.jpg

I agree great pic....I wish my pic was that good!

Hi! How r the conditions at Manta Point (usually)? Will there be strong currents & low temp like Crystal Bay? Would love to meet some mantas but don't want to endanger myself...
Will be at Bali in the 1st few days of Aug, 4 days of diving.

What was the weather like? It's rainy season, right? Did it rain during day or only at night?

here's a manta from manta point...

218113884-L.jpg

the manta in the photo is actually huge, many time bigger than my wife!

i've been to manta point a few times.. always been mantas there. conditions - no currents, shallow (15-30ft), surgy. usually cooler temps.

bali boats are famous for coming up with excuses for not going where they don't want to go, lol

scott

more interesting than Manta in your pix is.... a crazy person diving in T-shirts & shorts around Nusa Penida!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom