No idea on how to decide on a Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There it is, I always wondered how they got the failure rate down to 99%.
Time to stop living in the past and have you even owned one or are just jumping on the dog pile of people who have never owned a Suunto in their life but still feel the need to trash them. The beloved Shearwater computers had a bunch of issues with every one of their models when they first came out.

“ My budget is squarely $450 and below, no upward flex. $350 or below is better”

That Ratio is $700. How is that not significantly more? Is there a cheaper model?
I have seen iX3m 2 Pro on sale on the Divers Supply web site for as low as $529.00

I have seen iX3m 2 Pro on sale on the Divers Supply web site for as low as $529.00
That’s nice - what part of the Op’s very clearly stated “My budget is squarely $450 and below, no upward flex…” are you struggling to comprehend?

I can buy two cheapo for US$450.00 eg. Mares Pro Puck, Cressi Giotto/Leonardo.
The only issue is RGBM.
Anyone mentioned Oceanic Geo 4?

It is not easy to buy a DC nowadays with so many to choose from. Mine is still working since 1997.

Time to stop living in the past and have you even owned one or are just jumping on the dog pile of people who have never owned a Suunto in their life but still feel the need to trash them. The beloved Shearwater computers had a bunch of issues with every one of their models when they first came out.
Owned one, serviced many, replaced just as many.
I consider them garbage. Glad to hear you have had good luck with them. I don't know many others in the same boat.
The cobra 1 lasted much better than the 3.

I would avoid Cressi and Suunto. If you do multidive, multi-day diving, they are way, way to conservative.
Learn about algorithms, those,and a few others you listed use RGBM. You don't want that. Look for PZ+, ZHL-16c, or best is DSAT.
Happy hunting!

I can buy two cheapo for US$450.00 eg. Mares Pro Puck, Cressi Giotto/Leonardo.
The only issue is RGBM.
Anyone mentioned Oceanic Geo 4?

It is not easy to buy a DC nowadays with so many to choose from. Mine is still working since 1997.
RGBM = no go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom