Nitrox shortage????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ahhh.... I have missed the old "The world is running out of helium" and "How much does a T bottle of He cost in your area?" threads on the Deco Stop. Nice rephrasing of an old standby!

Finally dawned on me…
I see fields of welding grade Oxygen, no shortage.
Thought that’s what “everybody” used.
For SCUBA.

I’m still alive
Rule breaker that I am
I ain’t right, but it isn’t the 02.

Finally dawned on me…
I see fields of welding grade Oxygen, no shortage.
Thought that’s what “everybody” used.
For SCUBA.

I’m still alive
Rule breaker that I am
I ain’t right, but it isn’t the 02.
Can't do that. You will die.

Reactions: Doc
I would think most people use Aviator Breathing Oxygen (ABO) good for human consumption but no prescription issues.

Or welding O2, with a higher purity requirement but that actually comes out of the same tank.

Just came across this in Maui. Hasn't been an issue at my local shops here in SoCal.

I was able to pick up 12 bottles of medical yesterday in Detroit. They hadn't heard of any shortage.

Just came across this in Maui. Hasn't been an issue at my local shops here in SoCal.

when where you in Maui?
here in Hawaii there has been a ingress in Covid and the governor on Monday up'ed the covid restrictions where you now need to show you vax card to eat at an indoor restaurants, maybe all the O2 is being diverted to the hospitals

Back
Top Bottom