"Nitrox poisoning"-tv dialogue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hey, If i dive to 120' and I forget to adjust that thingy adjuster thing on my ascent at say 50' and remember at 30' can i just calculate the average 120+50+30 /3 and go back to 66.6 feet and restart my ascent and make the adjustments? or will I just be washed up on shore like the unseasoned diver in the show

As long as we're getting technical about it, it's called a doohickey, people.

:D

2) Later, in the lab The dialogue went:
forensic scientist: " He was using Nitrox because on deep dives it's beneficial. But he was headed into shallow water, so why didn't he adjust"
Agent: "A seasoned diver would know that."
Adjust what?! And why? :silly: Just pathetic. :(

The one that always used to get me was in The Abyss, when at the end (look away now if you haven't seen it)

the Aliens whip them up to the surface, and one of the crew adds quickly "they must have done something to us, because we didn't have to decompress!"

Yeah, well they forgot to mention that the Aliens must have been doing something to them for the entire movie, because they were breathing helium the whole time (and the rogue Navy SEAL gets HPNS for good measure), but for some reason nobody sounded like Mickey Mouse whilst deliverying their heroic dialogue...
I don't think that scene when the heroine is telling Ed Harris that he has to let her die would have had the same gravitas.

Better Yet... they have this open entry to the outside. This means that they would have ambient pressure in there... Eeehh how deep were they at again ??

Don't believe everything you read on the internets. World War I got started that way, you know.

DC

I do believe the internet is a very post ww 2 thing.... :wink:

I'm still looking for the palm trees in Norfolk and the cliffs next to the beach on the Virginia coast and now you're telling me that single tanks when taken to the lab turn into doubles and I can go deeper on Nitrox?

What's this world coming to?

At least they didn't refer to the gas cylinders as oxygen tanks. Remember... baby steps.

And I missed that show. It would have been fun to watch.

And I missed that show. It would have been fun to watch.
NCIS: Watch Episodes and Video and Join the Ultimate Fan Community - CBS.com and the name of the episode is "Jurisdiction"

I haven't had TV in over 20 years. Amazing how dumb this show is.

The CG agent is the hot one...
[c]
30xd3jk.jpg
[/c]

Last edited:
You all better send more money to the legal defense fund, once the writer's see this thread they're gonna sue.
It's just slanderous that you'd question the accuracy of the script.:wink:

I'm still looking for the palm trees in Norfolk and the cliffs next to the beach on the Virginia coast and now you're telling me that single tanks when taken to the lab turn into doubles and I can go deeper on Nitrox?

What's this world coming to?

At least they didn't refer to the gas cylinders as oxygen tanks. Remember... baby steps.

Hey, that's a good point!!! We should all send our singles to the lab, and then go pick them up with a "oops, wrong address" story!!! :thumb:

The one that always used to get me was in The Abyss, when at the end (look away now if you haven't seen it)

the Aliens whip them up to the surface, and one of the crew adds quickly "they must have done something to us, because we didn't have to decompress!"

Yeah, well they forgot to mention that the Aliens must have been doing something to them for the entire movie, because they were breathing helium the whole time (and the rogue Navy SEAL gets HPNS for good measure), but for some reason nobody sounded like Mickey Mouse whilst deliverying their heroic dialogue...
I don't think that scene when the heroine is telling Ed Harris that he has to let her die would have had the same gravitas.

After 10 years as an EMT/paramedic.....don't get me started on the whole defib on the sub deck thing. :censored::cussing::furious:

I'd like to rescue breath Ziva.

:idhitit::love2::love3::love4::praying:

There were other stupid issues with the show, like when the first agent in the house search called all clear to the other agent, the CG agent got the drop on him - not seemingly worried that he had be talking to an unseen partner.

Then there was the credit card alert on a jet hired to fly, latter said to have been paid in cash.

Do shows not use fact checkers and continuity editors at all anymore?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom