Nitrox now or later

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive-aholic:
fisherdvm, it's DCS v. DCI - Decompression Sickness v. Decompression Illness. I think Christian was lumping both into one category of decompression accidents or mishaps.

Christian, I'm still going to go with the diver being the number one problem. Dehydration falls into that, but I don't think it's the number one cause. I know a few divers who have been bent and none of them were bent because of dehydration.

now you know one more diver , who got bend ,me :D
was pushing the limits ,as i most of the times do thats the way how i get to know my body better in relation to diving ,and i was for sure not dehydrated .
aggressiv plan , ascent rate i keept was doing the deco short on purpose , the next day ,soon in the morning i had to do a wet recompression , it is not be recommended :no .
this kind of diving i would never do with a buddy:shakehead .
but my guess would be, if would have been dehydrated, i would not have just needed the 40cf and the 80cf for the wet recompression there would have been also the double 104lp involved filled with a lot of nitrox.
next time i should maybe try it ,to trink not as much to see the difference, and talk out of my own experiance , can't never get enough of it.

What happened to you is what happens to a lot of divers who get bent. That's why I'm extremely conservative in my diving. I double my stops, not because I need to, but because I want to. I also hang out in the water on the surface for at least 10 minutes after the dive. I then carry my gear back slowly - doubles, stage, deco, etc. - one at a time.

Thanks for sharing your story. Hopefully others will learn from it!

the exit was as you described , i did so i did even sit at the last 8 min ,taht's 2 min shorter than you do .
we have a lill different mentalty over here , many do not like to be conservative, a lot like to try stuff themself ,but i can't talk for all of them .
sharing info anytime !! talk to you later ,chris.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom