Nitrox mixes above 40%?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have dove with AfterDark. He is absolutely honest in his suspiscion of the TSA, Gov, and PDC and non-mechanical dive gear. A fun guy, but don't get into it with him on politics or any new fangled dive contraptions.... He may have only switched over from a double hose last week. And don't get him started on those steel spring heel straps for his fins.... you'll have to listen to tell about how they stole his fins.... :)

ROL! Rich now you know I've been diving the same single hose SP MKV since 1968. Spring straps?! I love 'em. Except of course when they come off in the mud and I loose a fin! :)

higher O2 amounts let you only dive shallower (because of the increased pO2) and could therefore give you a few extra minutes on a shallow dives. this also depends on the dives you did before this particular one.

after finishing my tec/trimix training i wrote an article about the whole topic - if you're interested, feel free to read and share...

besides that higher O2 amounts are only used to limit the nitrogen coming in to your body and dissolving faster in your tissues risking injury and at a decompression stage to do the exactly the same (get in less nitrogen while decompressing). otherwise it could happen that you are ascending but still saturating your tissues with nitrogen because the O2 is too low.

Don't disregard the double hose regulators. Mike Nelson once said that Men dove with double hose regulators and women and children dive with single hoses.
I used to rebuild then dive them when I was stationed in Hawaii.

I think they carved up Mike Nelson's wooden twins for weights on Bering Sea Gold.... AfterDark brings all the warm fuzzies to being a luddite... He once got upset when they started putting chrome over brass.... He still insists it is just fad....

Looks like post 15 is where CCR's are 1st mentioned, opening the door to the "hi-jack" it was innocent enough but it doesn't take much!

I thought my questions #15 and #23 had been answered # 22, 25 and 26.
The subsequent developments were amazing.

I had a stop over in BWI on my way to ECP and got a drink at that crappy crab house--it was $12! WTF?!

sounds about right... although when I'm flying and drinking it's usually after spending two weeks on an offshore tugboat so we usually hit the bar and try to forget how much it's costing us

I thought my questions #15 and #23 had been answered # 22, 25 and 26.
The subsequent developments were amazing.

Or entertaining or both.

+1....and sometimes they dont even make you take of your shoes....

you should try it again...most airports have new machines that make it much easier....just walk right through and your done..its really not that big of a deal..
yeah, because they're pretty much looking at you naked in those cool, new scanners! Have you seen the pictures of what they can see on those machines? Wouldn't bother me if it was medical professionals with some sensitivity training but TSA agents?

Back
Top Bottom