Nitrox mixes above 40%?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just don't like being considered and treated like some kind of suspect. Which is just what they are doing to everyone. The TSA the govt and the airlines can all go F themsleves. I'll drive thanks.

I remember when flying used to be fun. Now, imagine the scene: I've got the inchonel sphere (which looks exactly like the bomb from the old Batman movie), the rebreather head and electronics in my carry on . . .it's always good for at leat 45 minutes of fun and games.

yeah, because they're pretty much looking at you naked in those cool, new scanners! Have you seen the pictures of what they can see on those machines? Wouldn't bother me if it was medical professionals with some sensitivity training but TSA agents?

Those machines can't be that wonderful. My dive bag triggered a full on search when the operator couldn't get past the backplate. They had all my gear scattered in five different buckets to x-ray every piece. They x-rayed my Hollis F1's twice (fin bomber??).

yeah, because they're pretty much looking at you naked in those cool, new scanners! Have you seen the pictures of what they can see on those machines? Wouldn't bother me if it was medical professionals with some sensitivity training but TSA agents?

I guess I just dont care if they see my private bits.....I would show up to the airport naked and fly naked if it were allowed....would sure save a lot of time.

I guess I just dont care if they see my private bits.....I would show up to the airport naked and fly naked if it were allowed....would sure save a lot of time.

That may be but I am sure there are many of us that really wouldn't want to see that :rofl3:

UW photographic gear tends to draw attention, but can usually be easily explained in most places except Amman airport in Jordan because they employ idiots to make decisions on what can or cannot be hand carried at that airport :shakehead:

Bringing a small 13cu ft pony through even in checked baggage would definitely start a full scale search for sure at that place.

I just don't like being considered and treated like some kind of suspect. Which is just what they are doing to everyone. The TSA the govt and the airlines can all go F themsleves. I'll drive thanks.

I'm with you. I used to fly all the time. Now I only fly maybe once a year.

I'll happily drive 1000 miles to avoid flying. Not only that, but flying isn't actually a lot faster or cheaper than driving when traveling up and down the east coast. And when I drive I can bring anything I want.

Aside from the annoyance factor, they're wasting my time and my money. They need to be doing a risk analysis. I've lived in the same city for my entire life, own a home, own a small business, have never been arrested for anything, and the only thing I've ever blown up was me, on a camping trip, before I knew the difference between charcoal starter and Coleman fuel.

The chances of me being some sort of violent nut-bag are pretty slim and I'd appreciate it if someone would recognize this and stop making me take my shoes off and scanning me with technology that hasn't been proven safe for humans. Nobody wants my plane to land safely any more than me, so I'd appreciate it if they would stop bothering me.

flots.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom