Nitrox Class in early 04?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sylvester

Reaction score
I spoke with a shop in Lancaster yesterday and I would like to take a nitrox class some time in Jan or Feb. Any body else intersted? Looks like the class in about $90 plus books.

Is it all indoors??? My dive shop makes you do two boat dives to get the card. They charge like $250 pp with the boat, and I've done enough boat dives to not care either way. I'd prefer Jan to Feb as our situation is going to get very day to day come Feb.

If you can get a January date, and Jen won't freeze her arse off outside, we'll probably want to go.

Scott

I didn't mention that , it is outdoors at Bainbridge, I guess it could be done at one of the other quarrys, I didn't ask. Just thought I would throw it out and maybe meet some other divers in the area.

I'm planning on doing Dry Suit / Nitrox together.
It's two checkout dives for both, for dry suit you can piggy back the checkouts with another specialty.
The two dives are at Dutch on Jan 18th or 19th or Feb 22nd or 23rd.
My brother and I are shooting for one of the Jan dates so that maybe we can make an ice trip.
The nitrox is 4 hrs classroom and the checkout dives.
The drysuit is 1 hr classroom, 1 hour pool, and the checkout dives.
My LDS has an indoor heated pool in the shop, in central NJ.
So all together it could be a six hour trip to the shop and two dives at Dutch.
So far I only have the books and haven't finalized booking the training.
The cost looks about the same, about $100 per specialty plus books and drysuit rental.
If we get together I think we can get a great group discount.

XJ, Scott, Jen and myself.

Do ya'll have a prefered weekend that will work better for you in Jan? I know its one night of class 4-6 hrs and then a day of 2 planned dives at 32 and 36%

The cost is $90 per diver for nitrox and tanks and instruction. $43 per diver for the Padi Nitrox crew pack (books) and $29 per diver/cpl for the video total is $162.00 Then the fee to get in to BSC.

Does this, change anything for any of you? If not lets look for a weekend to do this on. I would go for a Friday night class in Lancaster then Saturday dives. My cal will let me do it Fri 16 or 23 Jan, and dive Sat the 17th or 24th. Any bopdy else have opinions on it?

sylvester once bubbled...
XJ, Scott, Jen and myself.

LOL- Did you miss me saying Jen won't do it outside. You're going to get us both killed :D

If you're coming to the aquarium get together YOU ask Jen if outside in January is OK! You'll be lucky to only come away with a smack :wink:

Have fun with the class guys.

Scott

OK I mis-read that "If you can get a January date, and Jen won't freeze her arse off outside, we'll probably want to go". It might be warm enough in January to not freeze..... :) who knows.

But, I understand my wife wont go near the water or even look at scuba gear if its not hot enough out to have a heat stroke.

do you guys plan to paste those tacky gigantic nitrox stickers on your tanks? just make sure the vip stickers are green!

Back
Top Bottom