Nitrox Class in early 04?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok are there 2 classes going on or what?

sylvester originally mentioned Bainbridge and a shop in Lancaster.

XJae mentioned Dutch and a central NJ shop plus it was a combo class (Nitrox and Drysuit).

Now sylvester is including XJae on his list of people taking the class! What's going on, someone please explain.

I may be interested, but much more in the XJae plan. Lancaster is a little far when there are plenty of shops in NJ. Besides I'm probably picking up the last drysuit from mwilding's stash this week, so having drysuit included would be pretty cool!

I want to take a nitrox class, since I have no shops close to me I went to Smokeys in Lancaster, they offer the class. I my intent by posting it here is, to see if anybody else was intersted and to meet some of the folks from this board who live close.

I reread XJaes earlier post, I may be able to drive to NJ and do the dry suit and Nitrox class. ScubaPat is in for Nitrox, but I dont know what is closer for him Lancaster or NJ?

XJae is the shop you are talking about a PADI shop? I already have my Nitrox crewpack, I would need to order a Drysuit pack.

The sound of a heated pool caught my attention :)

But I am like Gumby, flexable and able to adjust to a differant location. In the spirit of having fun.

ScubaPat, what works better for you? NJ or Pa? or Do you not care?

NJ or PA doesn't make a difference to me, as long as it's not a helluva drive to get there. Lancaster would probably be a little bit more convenient, but it doesn't really matter to me.

:boings:

I guess if it's a weekend it really doesn't matter anyway. If we could all get in the same class, as XJae mentioned, we could probably get a group deal!

Sounds like even the combo class could be done in 1 day. Do Nitrox first, that way we could do the drysuit dives on Nitrox. A heated pool does sound nice, but hey if it's a drysuit class we're taking, I guess the cold really isn't an issue. I'm more concerned about a heated place for the SIs and classroom part!

Sylvester,

Count me in for the Nitrox class. If you wanted to do the Lancaster one, that's easiest for me. But if everybody is going to get together and have a big group go to NJ I'd be fine with that, too. I already did a drysuit class, though, so I wouldn't need that part. I'd prefer the January dates, but both weekends you mentioned will work.

Frank

It appears that many of you wreckers are doing the right thing by enrolling in Nitrox and Dry Suit classes. I personally support the LDS's and encourage all of us to deal with them on a regular basis.

I am an independent NAUI instructor. Several LDS's in my area support me. I get many of my students when the student needs greater flexibility or wants personalized service. If I can be of assistance in Nitrox, Dry Suit or any other advance diving, please give me a call.

XJae, can you take the lead and coordinate for the group with The Scuba Connection?

XJaes shop has the indoor pool for the drysuit class. The classes as XJae mentioned earlier can be done over a couple of weekeeds, Id like to propose the Sunday 4 Jan for the classes at the shop, with diving at Dutch Springs on the 10th, or 11th I believe it is 2 dives to complete the materials? Correct me if I am wrong.

Cost is classes plus materials nitrox tanks 2 ea at $16 per tank for fill and rental. I am not sure what DS charges to get in, I would guess $20.

The best I can tell these people are intersted:
Sylvester
XJae
ScobaPat
FrankF

Here is a link to the shop, and directions, since I have to drive past Philly to get to the shop, we could carpool up for the classes. But going to DS Philly is out of my way from the Harrisburg area.

The shop is The Scuba Connection http://www.tscscuba.com/
It's a PADI 5 star instructor development center.
It's in Hillsborough / Belle Mead on Route 206,which is about a 45 min drive from either the Route 78 or Interstate 95 Delaware crossing.

So lets decide a date and those who can participate contact the shop to coordinate payment and issues. This shop did not metntion having to buy the nitrox video.

I am game with Sun 4 Jan class and either the 10th or 11th or both for DS

Sure I'll coordinate it.
I was actually in there today.

I'll post more details shortly.

My brother JWB is also in.
Possibly foamer86?

Anybody else?

Back
Top Bottom