Niterider lights??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crpntr133:
Anybody use a Niterider light? They seem to be a decent light but after searching this board and others it seems that nobody uses them. It is usually DR or Salvo.

I am sold on them!

I use them for Caribbean Recreational diving, I like the rechargable feature! I use the sport diver D-cell model for travel to Asia/Africa.

I live for night diving. My Night Riders have never let me down.

Although I have since moved on to more powerful, focused HID lights for my Puget Sound diving, I've had a NiteRider HID light for years ... and have kept it for travel and tropical diving.

It's rugged, reliable, and the customer service is among the best of any company I've ever dealt with ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Customer service definitely rocks.

A nite rider blackwater 3000 was my main light but as Lynne mentioned it was not focused enough for me. The company has excellent customer service and I will not sell my nite rider because it is rugged and reliable and when I was replacing HID bulbs in my dive rite almost weekly I always had the NR to fall back on.

As I recall, A Niterider has a big user group around world. I have seen many tech divers who are using a Niterider and OMS rigs. It doesn't mean it isn't popular because you don't see a name offten on the board.

Sartek is also manufacturing a great small 10w light. Otherwise, UK Canon is a great option with a goodman handle..

Thanks for the info guys. Right now I am a bit Po'd at Niterider's web master. I will comment later once I have calmed down.

Sorry for this mistake by a previous manager. I took OceanImages off the list of Housings we are directly compatible with. However, we do offer straps that allow one to attach our battery under just about any housing. If you feel there is a way to mount the battery bracket to your housing, please send the housing to us and we'll look into it, no charge.

See updated copy from our site below:

For alternate mounting options check out Ultralite Control Systems. They have an adapter specific for our lighting systems. If you are trying to mount our batteries to a non-Gates Housing (ie. Ikelite, Sony, Amphibico, Aquatica, Lights & Motion) please call us for mounting options.

Love my NiteRiders... have a Sport and a 3000 both ni-cad... wasn't quite ready to make the investment in a $1000 Salvo...

Back
Top Bottom