Niterider lights??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Henry you didn't get all the web pages changed. Just checked and found two that still have OI in them.
I wasted enough of my time with this whole thing. I will either sell the lights, or create my own mount. By the time I pay for shipping and insurance for a 15lb housing and wait for the return I can probably have one built and be diving. My main concern is with the "wings" area that the lights mount to will be under the handles.

Well Walter, I tried. I offered to rig a battery mount for your housing for free, I fixed the only webpage I could find where Ocean Images is listed and emailed you twice concerning your housing. Plus, I apologized for the website misinformation.

BTW, did you throw us a snotty little :no on another thread? That's the one icon that will get you nowhere with manufacturers.

Thanks very much for the offer Henry but it isn't worth it to me. I would probably have at least $25-30 in shipping/insurance for a crap shoot. I can spend that money on making something.
I got both your emails today but spent the day digging out my truck and the evening with the GF. I will reply as soon as I get off here.

That I will take you up on. If it doesn't work I will see if I can get it to work and let you know what I did. Fair enough??

I don't have niterider dive lights, but I use niterider lights on my MTn. bike for desert single track. They are the best, takes abuse (cactus and rocks) and always works (when charged). When I buy new torches it will be a niterider system.

I have a Nite Rider Sea Torch that has never worked - period. I bought it at a dive shop in Phuket last summer right at the end of our vacation, on the day before we were leaving. I got back to Vancouver, slapped in some batteries...nothing. I am so frustrated, but I can't really go back to Thailand to deal with it. I have had it sitting in my closet wondering whether or not to thow it away. I just assumed I was screwed.

Does Nite Rider really have a warranty that would cover a light bought from a dealer in Thailand? If so, maybe I don't need to chuck it in the bin after all.

Mike
Vancouver, BC

Mike1:
I have a Nite Rider Sea Torch that has never worked - period. I bought it at a dive shop in Phuket last summer right at the end of our vacation, on the day before we were leaving. I got back to Vancouver, slapped in some batteries...nothing. I am so frustrated, but I can't really go back to Thailand to deal with it. I have had it sitting in my closet wondering whether or not to thow it away. I just assumed I was screwed.

Does Nite Rider really have a warranty that would cover a light bought from a dealer in Thailand? If so, maybe I don't need to chuck it in the bin after all.

Mike
Vancouver, BC
Perhaps you should contact Henry directly ... either by sending him a PM (he's posting in this thread), or via his web site e-mail address. I've purchased three lights from them ... still own two ... and have found their customer service to be outstanding.

In general, when someone has an issue with a product it's much easier to get a positive outcome by dealing directly with the manufacturer before posting complaints on an Internet forum. I generally reserve the latter for after I've not been able to get a successful resolution through appropriate channels.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Mike1:

Mike
Vancouver, BC

Hi Mike, Send it back to us and we'll swap you for a new one. Henry

Henry at Niterider:
Hi Mike, Send it back to us and we'll swap you for a new one. Henry
Really? I never expected that kind of service. That is impressive!

Now I wish I had stumbled accross this sooner and I could have been doing more night diving.

Thanks very much Henry, I didn't think that kind of service still existed. I will take you up on that and send it down to you.

Thanks,
Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom