Niterider lights??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike1:
Really? I never expected that kind of service. That is impressive!

Now I wish I had stumbled accross this sooner and I could have been doing more night diving.

Thanks very much Henry, I didn't think that kind of service still existed. I will take you up on that and send it down to you.

Thanks,
Mike
I've been in touch with Henry...and DiveRite/Dive Lights International will be replacing my lamp. I am still astonished with the level of customer service and quick turn around time. Just goes to show that a light backed up by a company with excellent custumer service and a great product easily outpreforms the current "Brand name" lights in the long run.

A happy NiteRider customer,
Mike
Vancouver, Canada

Mike1:
I've been in touch with Henry...and DiveRite/Dive Lights International will be replacing my lamp. I am still astonished with the level of customer service and quick turn around time. Just goes to show that a light backed up by a company with excellent custumer service and a great product easily outpreforms the current "Brand name" lights in the long run.

A happy NiteRider customer,
Mike
Vancouver, Canada

Well, we'll replace our stuff but not DiveRite's... :wink:

Henry,

I am getting ready for a cavern course and have been told that I need a primary light that does not have a pistol grip. Can you please tell me if the sea torch handle is removable and if the wrist strap will still be attached if the grip comes off?

Also, will this light be effective enough for the cavern course. I do not have any intention of going on to cave. I am after cavern for the skills and not as an intro to cave, so I will not have to worry about future deep cave usage. I also am light in the wallet, so the sea torch is about all I can afford and I have to buy two of them so it needs to be very cost effective. Any info you can give me would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mrs.Prages:
Henry,

I am getting ready for a cavern course and have been told that I need a primary light that does not have a pistol grip. Can you please tell me if the sea torch handle is removable and if the wrist strap will still be attached if the grip comes off?

Also, will this light be effective enough for the cavern course. I do not have any intention of going on to cave. I am after cavern for the skills and not as an intro to cave, so I will not have to worry about future deep cave usage. I also am light in the wallet, so the sea torch is about all I can afford and I have to buy two of them so it needs to be very cost effective. Any info you can give me would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mrs. Prages, That's a good question. The Sea Torch is a "hand held" light. We use the Sea Torch battery case for our "hand free" models, the Pro Diver and Sport Diver. Originally, this battery case had a wrist strap option but it was changed years ago. Now, we are upgrading the battery case again. The new design incorporates an aluminum tube similar to other brands.

My suggestion, for your limited budget and cavern use, would be to use a hand held light (Sea Torch) with a typical handle on top. Our single beam hands free (i.e. light head on a cable) Sport Diver sells for $200 yet sounds to be out of your range. H.

What I need to know though is if the handle is removeable. Cavern instructors don't like lights with the grips. Just the shaft. No lantern or pistol grip allowed. So does the grip come off of the sea torch?

Thanks. P

Cool. THanks for the info. When will the next version be available?

I've been having some excellent service from Nite Rider on one of their lights. Henry (the GM) gets right involved and has been hands on in ensuring my problems are sorted out and followed up on. I've been really impresessed with that level of service and I'm even up in Canada which often ads an extra layer of hassle.

I really strongly recommend NiteRider, both for their products themselves, but also for their superb service should you have any problems with their gear.

Mike
Vancouver, BC

I am waiting for the new products to come out so I can look them over before I make my decision. I check the site just about everyday to see when they are going to be out.

Back
Top Bottom