Nikon D80/70s vs Canon EOS 350 D/400

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike, so shall we all go up in June again? Have another DOR there during your photo seminar, and perhaps have another go at that pygmy...

Wolverine:
Mike, so shall we all go up in June again? Have another DOR there during your photo seminar, and perhaps have another go at that pygmy...
Isn't June 07 DOR Grand Reunion dive?....maybe after the seminar (June 3-10), June 10-12? Dennis is gonna work out a package with Matt/Atlantis for the PPDers.

wow planning June 2007 already... will try to make it but I've designated 2007 as the year I'm finally gonna hit Palau and some other non PI dive sites... Gotta spread my wings...

Got o test the canon 400xti this evening and all i can say is that it is a toy. when i held it one thing came to mind, it felt almost like the paddle control of a nintedo game console. one big chunk of plastic. the knobs and buttons were all lose and there is only once piece of rubber for the palm.

i immediately felt bobo(stupid) using it attributed to the fact that i am a nikon user and all the button placements did not seem logical or in the right place. the camera is sooo small, this can be a blessing but also a curse depending on your shooting style. the lcd is large but lacks some resolution. was impressed though with how clean images came out even at iso1600.

all in all i preferr the ergonomics of the 30d. now if i had to choose between this and the equally priced d80, ya know already.

Got o test the canon 400xti this evening and all i can say is that it is a toy. when i held it one thing came to mind, it felt almost like the paddle control of a nintedo game console. one big chunk of plastic. the knobs and buttons were all lose and there is only once piece of rubber for the palm.

i immediately felt bobo(stupid) using it attributed to the fact that i am a nikon user and all the button placements did not seem logical or in the right place. the camera is sooo small, this can be a blessing but also a curse depending on your shooting style. the lcd is large but lacks some resolution. was impressed though with how clean images came out even at iso1600.

all in all i preferr the ergonomics of the 30d. now if i had to choose between this and the equally priced d80, ya know already.

clgsamson:
one of them (Nikrap/Canrap) is waiting for your cheque, jam.

I'll have to wait until next I travel abroad.
D70 retails locally for the equivalent of US$2000........ highway robbery.

All being well I should be the states around December and pick up a Nikrap/Canrap unit :wink:.

pakman:
Spoon, stop playing with other cameras and get your D200 housed asap!

would love to but im still in financial limbo after getting the cam. maybe next year. btw was that pic in your avatar taken here? its awesome

Spoon:
would love to but im still in financial limbo after getting the cam. maybe next year. btw was that pic in your avatar taken here? its awesome

Haha, welcome to the DSLR "Death Spiral"....

Yep, that avatar was taken in your backyard (sort of - Malapascua).:crafty:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom