Nikon D80/70s vs Canon EOS 350 D/400

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pakman:
wow planning June 2007 already... will try to make it but I've designated 2007 as the year I'm finally gonna hit Palau and some other non PI dive sites... Gotta spread my wings...

Yup, we need to talk about Palau. Dennis too.

Jamdiver:
I'll have to wait until next I travel abroad.
D70 retails locally for the equivalent of US$2000........ highway robbery.

All being well I should be the states around December and pick up a Nikrap/Canrap unit :wink:.

Any way I could help you out, Jam? If someone's coming over from the US and I could get it to them (I name no names, of course...) you could be playing with it long before December...:wink:

Spoon:
i would have to agree with you.

They can barely keep them Nikon's in stock, don't count on those checks from the manufacture! :mooner:

Mike Veitch:
June is the big photo seminar with myself, Simon, and Tim Rock....

if you are buying the camera and housing you might want to attend..

Shameless plug! :lol:

Actually I'd love to join you, damn airfare across the world!

My thoughts are if the D80 is fetching top dollar right now, wait. The housings are NOT going to be available for a couple months. Work on picking a housing, and figuring out what the heck you want in the way of strobes, iTTL/no iTTL, lenses, whatever.

I also have a Tokina 12-24mm. Awesome lens, build quality of the Nikkor, at half the price. Another lens I like is the 18-35mm Nikon. Nice all around lens.

IMO figuring out the housing, ports, and strobe options are MUCH more difficult vs. picking the Camera! :confused: With a comsumer camera like the D80, everything else is also a LOT more expensive vs. the camera body. Another thoughts, the D70s is on the way out. However it's a VERY capable UW tool, and really you don't need what the D80 offers for most applications.

Just some thoughts.

thepurplehammerhead:
Any way I could help you out, Jam? If someone's coming over from the US and I could get it to them (I name no names, of course...) you could be playing with it long before December...:wink:
Thanks Larry, but I'm looking forward to walking into Adorama or B&H photo and picking out the camera myself......
I like the whole experience of the store, salespeople, it helps ease my mind as to the substantial portion of cash that i'll be parting with.

I'm not in any rush really, haven't been inspired re topside photography recently..

RonFrank:
They can barely keep them Nikon's in stock, don't count on those checks from the manufacture! :mooner:

it was worth a try:)

Jamdiver:
Thanks Larry, but I'm looking forward to walking into Adorama or B&H photo and picking out the camera myself......
I like the whole experience of the store, salespeople, it helps ease my mind as to the substantial portion of cash that i'll be parting with.

I'm not in any rush really, haven't been inspired re topside photography recently..

Get inspired! Topside photography is a blast! Think NUDE supermodels! :lol:

If you walk into B&H, have internet pricing available. They sometimes do NOT offer internet prices in the store (don't understand why) but if you throw it in their face, they will match. However, expect tax of about 10%.

66826340.iWwSEDeL.Babe_001.jpg

There is some topside inspiration! :eyebrow:

RonFrank:
Get inspired! Topside photography is a blast! Think NUDE supermodels!

If you walk into B&H, have internet pricing available. They sometimes do NOT offer internet prices in the store (don't understand why) but if you throw it in their face, they will match. However, expect tax of about 10%.

uh la la....I'll take her then...

RonFrank:
Get inspired! Topside photography is a blast! Think NUDE supermodels!

NICE shot ron what lens were you using?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom