NightOptics.Com - Night Vision

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

D_B

Kimber/TekDiveGirl storyteller and memory keeper
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Just have to reward a company who stands beside there products and this is the only way I can

I purchased a pair of night vision binoculars from someone on eBay and one tube did not work when they arrived. (he was most apologetic, said to send them back, maybe covered under warr.)
I found out that they were originally made and purchased from Night Optics in Huntington Beach, so I called them and talked to the company president, Ilya Reyngold. Told me to come on up and they would look at them even though I told him I bought them on e/Bay. I went and he had a tech look at them and told me the tube was bad (maybe from being turned on in daytime without cap on?)
Ilya said he would give me a deal on the tube (Gen2+ MilSpec) but he also could put my good tube in this Monocular and it has better optics, lets go into darkroom and you can see for yourself. So I did , It does, and thats what I got, He let me keep one 3x lens and even threw in a soft case and new hard case too, just had to pay the tech to switch the tube. (while Ilya was showing me all the other goodies and how they test & grade the tubes)

... buy something used from eBay that doesn't work ... call the manufacturer and tell them ... they say come over and we'll take care of you , and they do ... Have you ever heard of such a thing??? ... just outstanding !!!!

... You want to try that with your eBay scuba gear ?? ... Ha! good luck eyebrow

DB

Back
Top Bottom