Night Diving at the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So now you need a special permit (permision, insurance rider whatever) to night dive.. Sounds like a great precedent to set.

Why shouldn't you have to have an insurance rider for diving in the day? Why shouldn't you have to be under the supervision of a dive shop, instructor or soemone else who carries insurance (during the day)? Shouldn't this user group (each diver) have to pay for the special enforcement that this new rule requires?

This "little victory" sounds like 2 steps backwards to me.

So now you need a special permit (permision, insurance rider whatever) to night dive.. Sounds like a great precedent to set.

Why shouldn't you have to have an insurance rider for diving in the day? Why shouldn't you have to be under the supervision of a dive shop, instructor or soemone else who carries insurance (during the day)? Shouldn't this user group (each diver) have to pay for the special enforcement that this new rule requires?

This "little victory" sounds like 2 steps backwards to me.
Ouch! You are missing the point in case...

The park closes at dark. They do not pay for security after dark, and the local area is not savory... Anyone on the sand after dark is subject to a ticket/fine (The local area is subject to unsavory individuals, and this is how the city has lessened issues in the area for divers...)

The city has offered a potential solution that benefits divers over the unsavory element that attempts to seize the night as their domain...

They request groups include them in their insurance to avert legal issues from "whatever might happen from divers diving after the park is closed, and getting back to their personal vehicles"...

I see it less a deterrent and more as the city attempting to take back the park through dive groups who want the opportunity to dive in an area that was recently unsavory... and turn it back into a family oriented area after dark.... I certainly hope you help to make this area another great family night dive!

Not quite so fast folks.....

I got the same email last week and I spoke with Commissioner Marcus afterward. She was quite clear this arrangement needs to be through a dive shop that has added PB County to their list of insured parties. She added that an "incorporated individual instructor" could also be in on the arrangement provided they covered the County with a rider to their insurance.
I also asked which shop(s) had already entered into this arrangement but she didn't have the information immediately available and was supposed to call me back but hasn't (yet). I'll call her again tomorrow.

Brian,

Thanks for the clarification. We'll all be waiting for that follow-up conversation.

Brian,

Thanks for the clarification. We'll all be waiting for that follow-up conversation.

I spoke Commissioner Marcus again today and she (still) doesn't have the info on who the dive shop(s) is/are and has referred me to the head of Parks & Recreation. His secretary said he'd call me at 4pm but I didn't hear back from him. :shakehead:

I spoke Commissioner Marcus again today and she (still) doesn't have the info on who the dive shop(s) is/are and has referred me to the head of Parks & Recreation. His secretary said he'd call me at 4pm but I didn't hear back from him. :shakehead:

Due it's close proximity to the site, I wonder about Force E in Riviera Beach.

Gee Joyce, you make one little post to help folks out... and you open a can of worms...

Just goes to show you, no good deed goes unpunished...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom