Night Diving at the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All we need to do is fin it to the mooring ball, 60 ft. from boat launch :cool2:

Joyce, I didn't mean to hijack your thread. That is great news they are willing to work with dive groups!

No worries! I just wanted to put the word out there. And I would have been disappointed had you not gotten into it.

Joyce, what AWESOME news! I wish there were a THANKS button in here. :)

> --- On Wed, 2/25/09, Karen Marcus <KMarcus@pbcgov. org> wrote:
>
> > From: Karen Marcus <KMarcus@pbcgov. org>
> > Subject: RE: Blue Heron Bridge
> > Date: Wednesday, February 25, 2009, 8:58 AM
> > I'd like to acknowledge and thank you for your e-mail
> > requesting the Parks and Recreation Department allow night
> > diving at Phil Foster Park.
> >
> > I appreciate your taking the time to write and share your
> > comments with me. The Parks and Recreation Department has
> > worked out an agreement with the local dive shops whereby
> > they will list the County as an additional insured on their
> > policies and give advance notice when they intend to hold a
> > night dive.
The group must be out of the park by 10:00 pm.
> > This pertains only to divers associated with a dive group.
> > Individual divers will not be permitted in the park after
> > dark.
> >
> > I hope this information is helpful and if I can be of
> > further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact my
> > office.
> >
> > Sincerely,
> >
> > Karen T. Marcus
> > County Commissioner

Not quite so fast folks.....

I got the same email last week and I spoke with Commissioner Marcus afterward. She was quite clear this arrangement needs to be through a dive shop that has added PB County to their list of insured parties. She added that an "incorporated individual instructor" could also be in on the arrangement provided they covered the County with a rider to their insurance.
I also asked which shop(s) had already entered into this arrangement but she didn't have the information immediately available and was supposed to call me back but hasn't (yet). I'll call her again tomorrow.

Not quite so fast folks.....

I got the same email last week and I spoke with Commissioner Marcus afterward. She was quite clear this arrangement needs to be through a dive shop that has added PB County to their list of insured parties. She added that an "incorporated individual instructor" could also be in on the arrangement provided they covered the County with a rider to their insurance.
I also asked which shop(s) had already entered into this arrangement but she didn't have the information immediately available and was supposed to call me back but hasn't (yet). I'll call her again tomorrow.

Thanks, Brian. It would be cool to be able to do night or at least twilight dives at the BHB, but we want to make sure it's clear and legit so it doesn't get screwed up for future dives. Looking forward to hearing what Karen has to say.

Agreed, the last thing we want to do is "step on the agreement" and make them change their mind.

My personal thoughts: Does this raise their insurance premium?? Will this result in us paying to do the dive at night??

Brian,

Adding someone as an "additional insured" does not raise our premiums. You should see my list of additional insured... it gets longer every year.

Al

I am EAGERLY awaiting my first BHB night dive!!!

When the water warms up. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom