NHL Starts tomorrow!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeC:
I'm glad some of you are enjoying what is called hockey, but I still think Tim Horton is spinning in his grave. Why mess with the blue line or red line?? Did Howe or even Gretzky need the blue line moved? NOPE. Shootouts?? Who needs them? yuck.......

Bettman should be flogged.

I think you protest too much. Was it not after Gretzky entered the league that they move the goals out from the end boards. Behind the net was one of Gretzky's favourite positions to set up goals. So now he is gone, they have moved the goals back toward the end board. Any link ya think?

Looks like I am arriving late to the party...just like my team....the Blackhawks!

Don't matter what happens at the start of the season, as long as we send the Wings packing in a few months.... :D

MikeC:
I'm glad some of you are enjoying what is called hockey, but I still think Tim Horton is spinning in his grave. Why mess with the blue line or red line?? Did Howe or even Gretzky need the blue line moved? NOPE. Shootouts?? Who needs them? yuck.......

Bettman should be flogged.
Are they going to have the shootouts in the post-season? I"m ok with the regular season but it's a terrible way for a team to get eliminated from the playoffs.

As for the red line, it serves no other purpose than to slow down the game. Good riddance.

jiveturkey:
Are they going to have the shootouts in the post-season? I"m ok with the regular season but it's a terrible way for a team to get eliminated from the playoffs.

I hope they do use it in the playoffs. I'm sick to death of triple overtime games that go on and on until 2am...

jiveturkey:
Its only for the regular season.
jiveturkey:
As for the red line, it serves no other purpose than to slow down the game. Good riddance.
Yep. The minor hockey here has eliminated it a few yrs ago.

CBulla:
Daft folks.. don't yawl know Lord Stanley found the tropics for a hang out and its going to be a wrangling to get him up nort' ever again??
Hey, if the Habs don't bring Lord Stanley to his rightful home, I have no problem with him staying with the Bolts. I watched Martin St. Louis play for the UVM Catamounts while he was here and it's nice to see a "homeboy" make good in the NHL. ( Have to admit though, it would have been better to have him sign with the Habs this offseason...lol)
C-Dawg

Yay 'nucks!!!
Glad to be starting the season off right. And against Gretzky's Coyote's no less..... I wanted to boycott... I did... but I couldn't resist that game.
The new rules will take a little getting used to. The only one that irks me is the bloody shoot-out. What a joke!

Back
Top Bottom