NHL Starts tomorrow!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

howarde:
Let's talk about this again in a few months (when it really matters)... and let's see what's happening then.

Unless, of course, the Avs beat the Red Wings...then I'm sure we'll revisit the topic again. :D

tedtim:
Well, I would take the Don Cherry prediction over a computer simulation any day. He is a devoted Toronto Maple Laughs fan and even he predicted OTTAWA to win the holy grail of hockey.

Last night's game had a playoff atmosphere. The shootout was great!

In the battle of Ontario it is Senators 1, Maple Laughs 0

Just watched the shootout out highlight on TSN. Ya, I agree, the new addition looked good.

MtnDiver:
Unless, of course, the Avs beat the Red Wings...then I'm sure we'll revisit the topic again. :D

1st Game between the Redwings and the Avs is November 23 @the JOE. Unfortunately I will be working on my tan in the Philippines at that time so I will taunt you mercilessly when I get home on the 27th! :redbite:

P.S. I'm actually a very nice person :angel: , but I have more than a years worth of pent up hockey aggression I need to get out...and unfortunately I live in the midwest... and it's not exactly a hockey hot bed you know.

I'm glad some of you are enjoying what is called hockey, but I still think Tim Horton is spinning in his grave. Why mess with the blue line or red line?? Did Howe or even Gretzky need the blue line moved? NOPE. Shootouts?? Who needs them? yuck.......

Bettman should be flogged.

SCUBAJENNIFER:
P.S. I'm actually a very nice person :angel: , but I have more than a years worth of pent up hockey aggression I need to get out...
Don't we all!

MikeC:
I'm glad some of you are enjoying what is called hockey, but I still think Tim Horton is spinning in his grave. Why mess with the blue line or red line?? Did Howe or even Gretzky need the blue line moved? NOPE. Shootouts?? Who needs them? yuck.......
Yeah, but look at the size of the goalies, pads, nets back then.

MikeC:
Bettman should be flogged.
Agree 100% there...

Ken Dryden was/is 6'1" or 6'2", there were a few other large goalies. The nets, 4'x6' for the longest time. If the goalies were breaking the rules by using pads larger then the rules, then the league should have had random tests before a game to measure pads.

chip104:
Probably cause he's still drunk :D . Bad taste.

Unless the OPP covered up alcohol, I don't remember it being a cause in his death. He was speeding and he had been stitched up and received pain killers during the game, but there was no mention of him drinking.

Oh I love the hockey.

Wonder when they'll show the NHL over here (it's usually on at 3am and I have to tape it).

Yay for violent sports!

Nauticalbutnice :fruit:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom