News: Koh Tachai Island Off Phangnga Closed Indefinitely

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikkelBC

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Article in the Bangkok Post:

Koh Tachai island off Phangnga closed indefinitely

The shoreline, beaches and coral reefs around Koh Tachai island in the Similan National Park off Phangnga province will be off-limits to all visitors for an indefinite period, starting Oct 15, according to authorities.

This got my attention, because my favourite dive site on north liveaboards is Tachai Pinnacle. It would be a pity to be unable to dive the Pinnacle. There is some hope, though:

"However, two deep dive sites in the Similan Islands remain open to divers and tourists."

The article doesn't mention the Pinnacle specifically - does anyone here know if one of those "two deep dive sites" mentioned is the Tachai Pinnacle? And what is the other one? Or are they counting the north and south pinnacle as two sites?

Thanks..sorry missed the other post. Shame I liked Tachai

''This has resulted in overcrowding and the degradation of natural resources and the environment''.

I had to laugh at that sentence in the article, any protection of the environment has to be encouraged, but it is such a pith Thailand seems to have a total disregard for the environment in most other cases.

''This has resulted in overcrowding and the degradation of natural resources and the environment''.

I had to laugh at that sentence in the article, any protection of the environment has to be encouraged, but it is such a pith Thailand seems to have a total disregard for the environment in most other cases.
Yes, it is, but I'm glad they are doing (or trying to do) something now, on several fronts as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom