Newly OW Certification, question on dive operators?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sheheikes

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
My husband and I have just recently earned our OW certification and we are planning a trip to Panama City Beach Fl. Can anyone recommend a good charter for newbies? Are there charters where a dive master dives with the group. Maybe a stupid question but as I said we are just starting out!

I have dove with Panama City Diving many times and they are a really good group of people to dive with. The owner Pat will stop and have discussions about scuba diving or products. Him and his staff seem to want to make sure you have a good dive experience. The divemasters do not guide the dives but you can probably talk with the shop and hire a divemaster guide you if you want. Panama City Diving - Panama City's Favorite Dive Shop

The guys at "Panama City Diving" are very knowledgeable and their boats are well maintained, I believe there's 2 good ops in Panama City and they are one of them.

However I have to strongly agree with wspalding in the post above. If you are going to Florida, WHY would you want to go there? Then again I should know better than to call this place Florida.

Your airfare will be half or less to anywhere in SE Florida. If you are driving, your sanity will last longer going straight south, the concept of highways or freeways is not well know in this place, anyways.......they do have paved roads and spearfishing can be very good.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom