Newbie question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah i wouldnt want anything that elaborate right now
Im more interested in video so i
Will stick to my gopro 4 now. Thx for the pointers

Keep in mind that to shoot a decent video you'll need to move slowly & when panning from 1 scene to another do it very slowly or things will be a blur. Shooting video will require more precise movement that stills since the camera is recording your movement plus where it's aimed.

Cool thx
Maybe i will get lucky and be on a boat w
Someone with a really nice setup snd i can
Pay them for a few good shots

I'm thinking most will just 'give' them to you in the form of an email---just ask someone....You should NOT have a problem getting pics from someone, IMO......

I read an article from a Dive Training issue from last fall tonight, focusing on strobes but mentioned the way to tell if you're diving with a serious shooter? Most vacation divers will shoot from 10 ft away then wonder why their pics are all dark. Infranview can do a lot, but that's pushing it. It said serious shooters try to get in 1 to 3 ft away; I've tried getting closer but hard to do in current without bumping coral. :no:

I've been shooting some video every trip with my 5 mp Sealife. Not award winning but fun. Windows Movie Maker skills required but they're easy to learn.

I was glad to send pics and vid to the young couple who dived with us one day, and - would have even if she hadn't looked so nice in her bikini diving.

Underwater photography is very dependent on editing skills, but you need a good image to start with. The same applies to video, and I've been reading up on the GoPro since getting home from my trip and I've concluded that it's not what I really want due to the "almost" fish eye lens it uses. (I'm looking for something similar in price & size for both underwater use & to mount on R/C aircraft) but if you already have one by all means give it a try. I would however recommend buying a red filter for it & finding a way to mount it in front of the lens port. If you go that route shoot a video with & without to see which you like best because re creating natural colors later will be a big editing job.

Yeah the Gopro had probs with the lens for underwater focusing issues but that was fixed last year. Several companies make aftermarket lenses for it just for UW use. The one I bought came with a new seperate under water lens. It is really nice video footage. I can't wait to use it in the ocean. I know the results w/ 100ft vis will be amazing. There are several really nice vids on youtube. I have used it a lot in the lake with less than 10ft vis with nice HD video while spearfishing. I got two filters for it as well. I've been using it for regular video as well strapped to a mt bike and took it kayaking..... the video is incredible. I have the wrist mount and head mount. Ive got about 350 bucks in it which is cheap for the quality IMO.

I read an article from a Dive Training issue from last fall tonight, focusing on strobes but mentioned the way to tell if you're diving with a serious shooter? Most vacation divers will shoot from 10 ft away then wonder why their pics are all dark. Infranview can do a lot, but that's pushing it. It said serious shooters try to get in 1 to 3 ft away; I've tried getting closer but hard to do in current without bumping coral. :no:

I've been shooting some video every trip with my 5 mp Sealife. Not award winning but fun. Windows Movie Maker skills required but they're easy to learn.

I was glad to send pics and vid to the young couple who dived with us one day, and - would have even if she hadn't looked so nice in her bikini diving.

This post is no good without videos...:D

this post is no good without videos...:d
[vimeo]14837243[/vimeo]​

I wonder if a red filter would help on my vids?

Last edited:
I always carry a pen and paper for email addresses. With my laptop I
usually email pics from my room that night to new friends from the boat.
Great way to break the ice, and make new friends. Swapping cameras
and getting some pics of yourself works too.

Attachments

• IMG_0037.jpg
    IMG_0037.jpg
    452.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0009.jpg
    IMG_0009.jpg
    405.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 1 Cozumel November 2010 078.jpg
    1 Cozumel November 2010 078.jpg
    373.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 002_2.jpg
    002_2.jpg
    402.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0122.jpg
    IMG_0122.jpg
    280.3 KB · Views: 35
[vimeo]14837243[/vimeo]​

I wonder if a red filter would help on my vids?

Yep-----I see exactly now what you mean.........Yea for Leah(I think I would have swapped buddies..............hmmmm)

About the other thing----that or evaluate WB or get you a video lite.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom