Newbie Needs help with Rx Lenses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have had a set of lenses in a Dacor mask for over six years now and could not be happier with the bonded lenses. My recommendation would be find a mask that fits well, and you like, then see what the options are for that mask. You can have lenses bonded into almost any mask and several manufactures make RX lenses for their masks now. But getting a mask that does not fit well or is not comfortable with RX lenses in it will be worse than diving a mask with out the lens correction at all. I was able to find a mask that I liked and dove with it a few times to be sure I liked it and then went back to the shop I purchased it from and they were able to send the mask out and have my prescription made and bonded to the mask lenses. The turnaround time was about two weeks and if I remember it cost around $100 for the new lenses. Good luck in your search.
Rick Patterson

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom