Advice needed prescription lenses - bifocals or whole lens?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pelan-pelan

Contributor
Reaction score
I have tried bifocal lenses in a Tusa Ceos mask which are OK but the mask is not the best fit for me. My old Tusa Liberator Plus is the best fit - but I am having trouble finding bifocal lenses for it, but there are some full lenses still available.
Question - would a full lens +1.5 be suitable or would I find the magnification disorientating?
Next question - does anyone know where I can get +1.5 bifocal lenses for the Tusa LIberator Plus?

By the way I have a new unused Tusa Liberator Plus which I bought as a back up some years ago so issues about fitting lenses into an old, used mask would not be a problem.

I have tried bifocal lenses in a Tusa Ceos mask which are OK but the mask is not the best fit for me. My old Tusa Liberator Plus is the best fit - but I am having trouble finding bifocal lenses for it, but there are some full lenses still available.
Question - would a full lens +1.5 be suitable or would I find the magnification disorientating?
Next question - does anyone know where I can get +1.5 bifocal lenses for the Tusa LIberator Plus?

By the way I have a new unused Tusa Liberator Plus which I bought as a back up some years ago so issues about fitting lenses into an old, used mask would not be a problem.
If you have a heath care savings account at work it will cover prescription scuba masks.

Thanks, but I am UK. We don't have such things. I'm coming down to trying full 1.5 lenses in the Tusa Liberator. I can always put the plain glass back. if it doesn't work out. Hey - it'll make the sharks and mantas look even bigger.

Seriously, if anyone has any comments, would really appreciate hearing how you have got on.

I wear +2.5 reading glasses, I have + 1.5 in my Dmask which I find to be a a good overall compromise.

Thanks. I think that has helped me decide. 1.5 full lenses it is.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom