Newbie looking for carry-on luggage suggestions to put gear in.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's a cool setup - but I have the SeaWing Novas and I think they'd be too long. Really neat innovation.

Agree. The Novas look long. You would have to measure and compare to the external dimensions they have for the bag.
I use Sherwood Trident and actually saw an ad photo with them as the fins, which I took as a sign that I must get it. :)

I just got 2 bags from REI and flat out told them that I'm buying them with the intention of returning 1 or both of them if neither works, and if that is okay with them, and they were more than happy for me to do that. The employees at that store are really nice lol.

So I have the North Face Rolling Thunder 22 and the Gregory Quado Pro 22.

I'm going to try them both out this evening and will report back!

So the Quadro was a success! I got all my stuff sans fins in here:

BEBRo1d.jpg

Here are pics of it packed up for those wondering. The left side has a zipper cover that closes off that side, but I unzipped it and folded it up in the middle, just so you could see how stuff fits in there. There is even some room to spare around the one boot below my regs, but I really just have my computer left and I'd rather travel with that in my book bag with the rest of my electronics.

Ymr9MJz.jpg

And here is everything that is fit in there laid out on the floor, just to show how much stuff actually fit in there.

Abdn2KR.jpg

I still need to trim my harness a bit too, which will make for less nylon.

The North Face didn't quite cut it. I could get everything in there but my boots, and I feel like it stuck out a bit since the front is soft.

Attachments

• BEBRo1d.jpg
    BEBRo1d.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 138
  • Abdn2KR.jpg
    Abdn2KR.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 120
  • Ymr9MJz.jpg
    Ymr9MJz.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 67
I like this. How are you securing the drybag to the backplate?

Four grometed holes in the dry bag facilitate sex bolts to secure the soft plate for travel. For use as a dry bag at the destination the sex bolts are reinstalled with rubber washers to remain waterproof.

K.

What size drybag ended up working for you?

Do you guys put your regulators in any kind of bag or anything before packing into your luggage? Like even some mesh netted bag or something just to keep them compact/protected a little bit? I was just curious because I could see them banging on stuff in the bag while transporting in the luggage, and wasn't sure if they can get damaged from something like that. I'm probably completely overthinking this lol.

I use a Patagonia Black Hole. It is a backpack and duffel. I can carry everything but fins and cutters in it including large plate and the VDH wings fit perfectly.

It will be 25 lbs or more so you gotta be willing to wear it as a backpack.

My whole family has one and thats how each of us brings our gear.

Back
Top Bottom