Newbie going to West Palm - which Charter?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gfisher4792:
Which would be best? Pura Vida, The Scuba Club or The Rampage?
There's good and bad about the Scuba Club. I used to dive with them all the time. I dive with them far less often now. If you want more info, pm me.

I've used Pura Vida and Abernathy and have had great dives with both.
Find out which dives they are doing and decide from there.

Diver Tom

I would use Pura Vida. They have a smaller boat (only holds 12) and they are very attentive to their divers (newbie or not). The captain and crew are all great people. If you let them know you are new to scuba, they will make sure to pay extra close attention to you.

I like using The Rampage. Good music, friendly crew, and good post dive snacks.

I used the SS Minnow one time. The boat was nice, the crew was nice on the boat, but once in the water the DM was an idiot having us swim against the current for no apparent reason and then he man handles a sea turtle and holds it in place so people could pet it. That's just wrong in my book. Also the tank I rented from them had a neck o-ring leak. I won't be using them again

Spashdown! Splashdown! Go with Splashdown, and then you can dive with me! New divers from Connecticut are my specialty because I grew up in Connecticut, and when I first started diving I was a new diver from Connecticut. And if diving with me isn't enough to persuade you, how about the fact that you will definately be in The Boynton Dive Report. That's almost like being famous. There's also the fact that we're a pretty well respected dive op and our reefs are really nice. Check out The Boynton Dive Report located in this forum and finer forums worldwide. And now, I'm off to write today's report.

I've been diving with rampage before and everyone was really nice. had a great time and saw a lot of neat things. I also heard Diving Solutions was very good but my dive with them got cancelled due to the weather. Here is the link to their website if you don't already have it.

www.divingsolutions.com

My wife and I just returned from WPB. We dove with Coral Island Charters and they were incredible. They have some great DMs and Captain Kevin is a great boat captain. The boat was very nice and they had great service. We will definitely be diving with them again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom