New Year's Eve Midnight Dive at LBS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2 hr dive is fine with me. :)

Whoo Hooo!

I am planning on showing up around 11:00 PM. Hope to be in the water by 11:35-11:40, it is a decent swim out to the good parts of the reef. Weather may make the swim out even more interesting.

Marine Forecast
Sunday Night
Southeast winds 10 to 15 knots. Seas 2 to 4 feet. Intracoastal waters a moderate chop. Slight chance of showers.

Not looking good for tomorrow night.
From weather.com
SUNDAY...EAST WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS. SEAS 2 TO 4 FEET NEAR SHORE AND UP TO 4 TO 6 FEET WELL OFFSHORE. INTRACOASTAL WATERS CHOPPY IN EXPOSED AREAS. .SUNDAY NIGHT...SOUTHEAST WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS BECOMING 10 TO 15 KNOTS AFTER MIDNIGHT. SEAS 3 TO 5 FEET.

HOWEVER!!!!!! We may have a slight alternative. Not midnight diving, but late afternoon diving.. Blue Heron Bridge high tide is at 5:30 PM. A couple of us are planning on going, heck, if the winds die we can still dive at midnight, but at least we can get A dive in! Be there about 4:00, hitting the water by 4:30-45.
Also if we are not diving, and not hanging at the beach, ya'll are welcome to Casa La Jenny's.

Is the Blue Heron Bridge a possibility? I might be able to make that dive. I have family things to do for the rest of the night, but I could drive down for that dive.

Have fun at WW!

Walter:
There's always Weeki Wachee. Some of us have changed plans to dive with the mermaids.

Man Walter, if I didn't have this little soccer ball belly thing going on, I'd be right there with you.. That was so much fun last year.... In the last years I've come to learn that if you spend New Years with SB people whose first names start with "J", "S", "K", "E" or "C" one of two things are likely to happen.... 1. you get trashed to the point that you no longer remember what your own name starts with, (and gentfully fall fast asleep on one's couch only to have countless photos snapped of you) or 2. someone "ahem" has a baby on you (you know I loved it :10: ) ...

Miss you guys bunches, have fun safely and blow me a bubble or two at midnight..

Wow, just drove in from NC!

I can't make the Blue Heron Bridge dive. I WILL be out at Hibiscus between 11:00 - 11:30 PM.

Will be checking the weather/surf for the dive. I will even have the spicy "Captain" rum on hand. If he calls the dive, I will pop his top and celebrate anyway... lol

:pirate5:

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom