New Year's Eve Midnight Dive at LBS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was out diving on the Rodeo 25 wreck yesterday, and we got beat to death by 6-8' seas. Hopefully the surf will not be too bad this evening. I am still planning on diving unless the weather deteriorates further.

So, is Blue Heron a go?... and what time are we meeting?....4:00p.m.?

Yes, we are meeting at 4:00 at Blue Heron, East side. Park on the side of the road, just over the bridge.
I have spoken to Krista and we'll all head over there afterwards for showers and stuff, then head on down to LBTS for New Years on the beach. I have a few plastic champagne cups, hey, nothin' but the best for the Conchs, that I am bringing.
Now what about dinner? Taco Bell or some other outstanding drive thru establishment?

Happy New Year!

Wish I could join you all but totally grounded. Hubby and I both came back from the chilly north with the bug. I've got a wicked case of laryngitis and can't talk at all!! Once again I will be with you in spirit just not in person!

Miss you all and wish everyone a healthy, happy, and very wet 2007. I'll tip a class of champagne back to you all if I am still awake at midnight.

I just got in.

Checked into the hotel. Now, I am going over to Hibiscus to check it out there. I will post from the car concerning conditions there.

I am about 3.5 miles from there... It shouldn't take long

Me patiently waiting on the report:

a5_2.JPG

Is this happening or not?

Sorry, went to Smokey Bones for dinner.

Report... just what the weather man predicted... SE winds 15-20... seas 2-4

looks like surf for about 15 yds.

Ok for experienced divers and solo... but, tepid for recreational divers...

I will be there, even if I have to thumb the dive just after midnight

Humm... Smokey Bones!

I think I'll pass on the dive... I've lost one too many masks in the surf!
Tomorrow's conditions look a lot better, plus I'll earn many brownie points for staying in tonite.

Enjoy the dive!

Actually...

Between posting the update, and dive time, the conditions deteriorated to unsafe (even for me).

We decided not to make the dive for safety reasons, and enjoyed Conch friendship on the beach instead. We were even treated to fireworks as an added bonus!
===

Thanks, to everyone who came out for the evening! And, thanks to everyone from the board who made 2006 a good year for me!

Cheers to all of you!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom