New Year's Day Dive - 2006 !!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmmmmm......I'm driving down to Atlanta for new years eve concerts at the philips arena. Should I pack my gear?? How far is this from downtown Atlanta? I'm planning on heading back north on new years day, but it would be cool to get some dives in on the way home!:D

johnnyseko:
Hmmmmm......I'm driving down to Atlanta for new years eve concerts at the philips arena. Should I pack my gear?? How far is this from downtown Atlanta? I'm planning on heading back north on new years day, but it would be cool to get some dives in on the way home!:D

Welcome Johnny
Lake Lanier is north of Atlanta. I would say about 35 miles or so from downtown Atlanta. I don't know the "turn-by-turn" directions to were we dive but I will try to get them and post for you. If you feel up to bringing out your gear, please dive with us.

Jeremy

Sounds like fun. I guess I had better dust off the dry suit.

Two of us will be able to make it. Myself and a friend from Canada.

I will be heading back to Chattanooga from Florida at that time. I'll go if you send me some directions (from I-75).

Gulf-Gulper and I were gonna make a grand appearance, but guess who has to work? We will probably be ringing in the new year in the pond at Vortex for a night dive. Maybe we can be initiated next year :thumb:.

Directions for I-75N:

Take 285-East to Highway 400 North.
Take 400N get off at cumming, GA Highway 20 East (this is about a 15 minute drive)
Take Left off ramp take left down market place blvd.
Take Right on Buford Dam Rd. Follow Buford Dam Road for a few miles.
You will see the lake on the left and west bank park on the left while you are on the dam.
Turn left into west bank park. The park cost is $4. I would just bring 4 singles for the
iron ranger if nobody is around. Once in the park follow it around. Go through the stop sign and take a right. In the backside of the park you will see all the cars parked, this is where we dive out of.

Not the best directions but it will get you there.

I'm looking forward to the dive. I am hoping to get out to the lake in the next few days to mess around with my drysuit and get my weighting down if anyone is interested.

Hey, Corigan, give me a shout when you get ready to do that.

the K

Well, I hope I will be making my appearance up at WBP on new years morning. Got a hot date for New Years eve, and getting flack for wanting to dive on NYD. May have to dump a hot date@!!!

Got a new camera and may throw on a few pics from my trip last weekend to the north central florida springs. Great camera, now I just have to figure it out. Had a small problem with a part that broke on the housing, but should get it fixed pronto.

If anyone is going out in the next 5 or 6 days, let me know. I may get to go. I have some legal issues pending, i.e. Divorce and am spending next week with my Daughter for Christmas and getting her some gear as she is a potential diver at 15!! I would like to get a couple dives in in the next week if possible.

Sorry I missed out on the earlier dive, legal issues, yep!!!

Thanks TK, I got 8 dives on your plate this weekend and the whole setup is fantastic. I am a lot more in trim and horizontal is not the problem it was with the vest type. I also love no added weight diving. Dang is it great not to have pouches or belt with weights.

Enjoy the pics....

wouldn't mind coming up and joining you guys again this New Years as long as we don't have to hang out on the surface for an hour holding rotors.

Glen

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom