New Year's Day Dive - 2006 !!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Kraken

He Who Glows in the Dark Waters (ADVISOR)
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Ah, someone mentioned it and it's time to start planning for the Lake Lanier Looney Bird New Year's Day Annual Members and Initiation Dive !!!

This club is open to any idiot who wants to join us! All that is required is that you dive with us on New Year's Day. The dive must qualify as a logable dive, that is a mininum of 20 feet depth for a mininum of 15 minutes.

As the month progresses, we will add more information to this thread.

All the existing members, please add anything you'd like to do that day such as a cook out, etc.

I will tell you now, the water is cold. You can probably expect water temperatures to be in the low 50's to low 40's, especially if you plan to get some depth.

This is not for the faint of heart. We do not want ANYONE to attempt this dive if s/he is not properly prepared.

Last year was fun, but let's make this one a good one!

the K

Hi Kraken,
Tim & I will be @ WBP @ 10:30AM on Sunday 1/1/2006 for the NEW YEAR Dive- It will be great - alot of fun-

Clif

Can hardly wait. I would cancel a trip to Trunk for this one!!!!

Seriously, I'm going to shoot for a 2 tank dive this time. Grilling out some hotdogs and such would be great.

Jeremy

Yaaaahooooo:banana: , the new year is going to start off with some great diving with some great people. I cant wait to get out there and freeeeeeze my *** off:D . Im up for bringing out some food too, so let me know what is needed. Im up for 2 dives, i'll have my doubles set up by then:scubadive , im real excited about that. Hey K, are you going to bring out wally? I hope so, it would make our SI much more enjoyable. I hope to see some new faces out there for the initiation dive, and to claim the fame of calling themselves a LOONIE BIRD.

Kyle

I'm making plans on being there. Wouldn't it be a bit "warmer" in the afternoon? I guess it's all relative at that point. I'm not sure if I'm going to attempt 2 dives, but will surely do one. My LP95 will be filled and ready. Hopefully my body will be too :)

Yeah, I think "Wally" will definitely be there!
A cookout sounds good, too!
We'll have to get Ski and T to plan to dive a little later with us. . . ????

Talk it up at your LDS.

the K

m7scuba:
I'm making plans on being there. Wouldn't it be a bit "warmer" in the afternoon? I guess it's all relative at that point. I'm not sure if I'm going to attempt 2 dives, but will surely do one. My LP95 will be filled and ready. Hopefully my body will be too :)

I agree that it may be a "little" warmer in the afternoon. We could do our first dive say noon - 1pm or so then during our SI grill a few things, have lunch then suit up and do a 2nd dive for anyone that is interested...err...Crazy!!

Jeremy

Looking forward to it. Maybe I can talk Fran into being the "grillman" while we are out having fun in the cold pond. Looking forward to seeing as many people out there as possible.

Now if I could just get some time to hit some water with my drysuit and super thick undies so I could get weighting squared away I would be all set.. :)

Matt

WELL ! ! !
It's about time !!!!

We GOTTA get you out of those bodacious doubles . . . takes you too long to re-surface for a fill !!!

Good to hear from ya, Looney Bird !!!

Hey, YOU GONNA LOVE THE UNDIES !!!!! Got mine in and they are GREAT!!!

the K

The Kraken:
WELL ! ! !
It's about time !!!!

We GOTTA get you out of those bodacious doubles . . . takes you too long to re-surface for a fill !!!
I wish I was spending all my time racking up bottom time. Hoping to get back out to the lake next weekend to test out the new undies, I'm going through withdrawals.
Good to hear from ya, Looney Bird !!!

Hey, YOU GONNA LOVE THE UNDIES !!!!! Got mine in and they are GREAT!!!
Thanks, glad to know everyone missed me.. :06: Brings a tear to my eye. Good news on the undies. How much extra weight did you add between diving with the fleece and then with the hi-loft? Would give me a rough idea where to start.

I think I'm just going to head out with 1k psi in the doubles on the weekend and burn em down doing some drills and getting weighting and everything squared away if anybody is intersted.

Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom