New Xdeep regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Personally, I would prefer that technically oriented first stages do not come with hoses.
That's too rich -- I have had "technically-oriented" first stages (whatever that means — do I rate an iron-on patch for that?) for over forty-five years, primarily Poseidon; and oddly, the Swedes thought it, well, necessary enough to provide hoses, some even fitted with fancy OP valves, from day-one.

So, tack on, what, 150.00, maybe even 200.00 for “specialty” hoses to even make an XDEEP regulator functional?

Next step: no mouthpieces. Tech — no, t-e-k — divers won’t stand for those any longer; sooo passé.

I do have to hand it to XDEEP though: "To compensate for the inconvenience caused to our clients, we have also decided that every NX700 set owner will get a free XDEEP Signature Hoodie in the chosen size and available colour."

Oooh, signature hoodie . . .

@lowwall that customer base is the minority though and they likely want to compete with SP/Apeks instead and mass market it. most divers do not service their own regs, same as most don't use a bpw.

@lowwall that customer base is the minority though and they likely want to compete with SP/Apeks instead and mass market it.
Tech divers buy a lot of regs and influence the purchase of many more. They are also already familiar with Xdeep.

OTOH, the mass market is unlikely to chose a reg from a brand they never heard of (from Poland?!) over ScubaPro or Apeks. And if they are trying to go for the mass market, not including hoses is a very curious choice.

tech divers are no different than any other class of enthusiasts though, even if they on average buy far more, their overall numbers are just way lower that they still end up being a minority of the market. xdeep isn't unknown, but i do agree that they need to include hoses if they are going mass market.

Back
Top Bottom