New Xdeep regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divezonescuba

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello:

As one of the few xdeep dealers in Texas, we will be receiving some of the long awaited new xdeep regulators shortly for demonstration purposes.

If you are familiar with these regulators, you will remember that they can be used as backmount single or doubles, sidemount, and deco regulators. This is possible due to the unique locking turret system on the first stage that allows for nearly infinite hose routing configurations.

I'm interested in seeing how these work out. Any word on price yet?

The price is manufacturer fixed at $649 for one first stage and one adjustable second stage. They do not come with hoses as they expect you to custom fit that at the time of purchase.

That price point is quite surprising to us given the price for other premium regulators such as Atomic.

isn't the atomic m1 $729 and includes the LP hose? the price seems pretty similar to me for the xdeep. not like it is priced like the d3/zenith.

I have only see it in the flesh at DEMA a couple of times while it was in CE testing. It appears to be quite innovative.

The hose routing capabilities are superior to any cylindrical piston design like an Atomic or Scubapro or any fixed port diaphram design like the Zeagle F8 or Diverite FT1. I don't think that there is an equivalently featured regulator on the market. It is certainly very flexible for technical diving applications.

Because of the innovative design and the fact that all xdeep products command a high price, I would have expected it to come in at a much higher price. Something on the level of a scubapro mk26 / s600/ a700 at $879-1000. A sealed Atomic B2 is $799.95. The unsealed version is $729.95.

It is unknown at least by me as to whether or not it breathes as well as an atomic second stage.

The price is manufacturer fixed at $649 for one first stage and one adjustable second stage. They do not come with hoses as they expect you to custom fit that at the time of purchase.

Heh, heh, I never thought that I'd see a day when a manufacturer wouldn't foot the bill for some f**king LP hoses -- truly, the cheapest of the crap that they ever produce or distribute -- second only to service kits.

"Custom fit" -- that's good . . .

I would prefer that manufacturers who sell regulators designed for technical diving not put hoses on their regs. You don’t know if the reg is going to be used for backmount singles or doubles, sidemount, or as a deco, stage, or travel gas regulator.

We have bins of factory 30/32 inch hoses from some tec oriented regulators that are discarded. Try using one of those for a deco, stage, or travel gas regulator. They don’t even work well as a left post reg hose either.

I would rather have the manufacturer save some money and maybe pass on the savings than give me a hose I have no need for.

I would rather have the manufacturer save some money and maybe pass on the savings than give me a hose I have no need for.

I have yet to have a hose that I haven't put to use, after some four decades of getting wet, in all manner of diving -- commercial and recreational; and a 645.00 base price for what amounts to a nifty brass and chrome paperweight, is not my definition of "passing on the savings". . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom