New Xdeep regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That’s a great point actually. Where does one find service kits for xdeep? Apparently they can get serviced anywhere apeks are authorised. Do they have oem service kits?
The original first stage (with the turret) was recalled. I'm not sure if the version without the turret was ever actually produced. Xdeep subsequently gave up on selling regs.

The recall of that first stage was quite a disappointment. Xdeep said that they could not reproduce the damage to the turret in the reported incident but recalled and discontinued it on the side of caution.

I wonder if any of the other turreted first stages on the market would have been able to withstand whatever caused the xdeep turret to fail.

I am sure it is asking too much for the person involved to provide more details as to what happened.

I talked to Sebastian, the US distributer at DEMA. I don’t know if it is the same one, but apparently they are attempting to redesign the turret first stage with diff ent higher strength materials than before.

I talked to Sebastian, the US distributer at DEMA. I don’t know if it is the same one, but apparently they are attempting to redesign the turret first stage with diff ent higher strength materials than before.
Has anyone heard any updates on the new xDeep regs?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom