New TSA Regulations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You had a male perform your body search? Is that is illegal?

chickdiver:
~~~~They aren't in the military~~~

I know they are not in the military the military probably turned them all down. . . your ASVAB has to be at least 31 :D:D

airsix:
General aviation (private flying) is sounding better all the time.
-Ben M.
Hmm... how about private airports? or maybe huge carriers sailing international waters, and for those who have time to spend "a liveboard NYC-Tahiti"

maybe I build up a yacht... where's my ax...walking to forest...

chop..chop

chickdiver:
I have never seen a female agent at Pensacola Regional Airport. The last time I asked for one the best I was offered was a (male) supervisor.

As for doing a job the rest of us wouldn't want... come on. 90% of the time I see them standing around chatting it up on coffee breaks. They aren't int he military- they aren't taking any risk the rest of us don't take every day....
Thats what they are called after all TSA, Thousands Standing Around ( Big Jet Driver loved that one)....
The ones I loke best are the non english speaking ones...:shakehead

Wildcard:
BTW while you sit smugly by, I got called today to go back and play with bombs somemore next month and Im happy go.

Thanks for doing a job the vast majority of us don't want to. While I may ***** and moan about TSA, and I don't have much confidence in them, I do understand the concept of creating hurdles as a form of discouragement. And... fwiw... you guys and girls are the ones I trust to keep me safe.

Diver Dennis:
You had a male perform your body search? Is that is illegal?

I was thinking the same thing. It probably is illegal but they won't admit that. And if you let them do it, you've waived your rights.

Just like the cops that search you car when you get pulled over. They don't have the right but they can ask you for permission. And they can make your life miserable (legally?!?!?) if you refuse.

Red state or blue state, liberal or conservative, keep it cool folks.

Let's be civil with one another.

Lest anyone think I'm objective, I'm a former Marine infantry officer and my youngest son is in the Special Forces.

But on this board, we're all divers.

Dive safe,

Doc

Well, this is just how it is. Deal with it or whine incessantly and nitpick about it about it. Since 9/11 and the new security regimes, I get routinely searched in the security bowels of every airport I go through since I trip whatever alerts they have up. I just smile, open up everything, and don't argue.

hey guys come on lets keep it coolin here. . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom