New TSA Regulations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

battles2a5:
I'm sitting in Laguardia right now and I can confirm, by personal experience, that this sucks. Long lines, flight delays, boo. I don't want those terrorists to go to jail, I want them to be released into the USAirways lounge and let a room full of pissed off business travelers have their way with them. That will send a message real quick.

I'm with you...business travel will never be the same...if they keep these regs in effect. My corporate travel dept just sent out a memo as to what will be allowed...asking us to do silly things like wrapping our laptops in towels, so they don't freeze in the luggage compartment...haven't even begun to figure out how to keep corporate computers secure in checked baggage. Fan-freaking-tastic.
Hooray travel.

Frankly... I'm P****d about the new restrictions. I am flying to Inverness, Scotlans in 70 days for my wedding. I now hae to suffer through a LONG flight sans Ipod, hand cream, face moisturizer, a drink, a snack... even BOOKS are not on the BA approved list. Biggest issue of all... I now have to check my WEDDING DRESS- I cannot carry it on as hand luggage.

Im ready to have a screaming hissy fit.

easy girl, we feel your pain.

Mo betta than screaming into the ground when your plane gets blown up.

geggle165:
Think about this................... you finally get to your destination only to find out that that nasty regulator and dive computer has been confiscated. Also..... both of your strobes and that storage device. COOL!!! you can always RENT! Now we are having fun! ...... Crappy equipment AND that MX 10 just doesn't take the pictures you want! ......... Let's go on another dive vacation as soon as possible.
What do you think is going to happen to the dive industry as a whole (ie Scuba equip. manufacturers; UW camera manufacturers; dive resorts) when it is JUST NOT WORTH THE HASSEL!!!!!!

I doubt whether it would ever come to this. Your bags might get a good going through, leaving a mess but they won't confiscate your dive equipment. I can see where you might not be able to carry those things on but they will always let you check them.

Jamdiver:
I've seen a few news item on the increase in 'private planes', generally tailored to and marketed towarded business passengers or those who are on time constraints and would rather avoid the crowds and lines.
Of course it is quite a bit more costly than the average commercial flight.

True, but can you really put a price on NOT being in this picture? :lol2:
112-1211_img.jpg

Wildcard:
Mo betta than screaming into the ground when your plane gets blown up.

Ya know... you might be right... IF I FELT ANY SAFER TRAVELING. I do not. What I do feel is frustrationa nd loathing for TSA. In the last 5 years I have filed 3 written complaints with TSA for being groped by thier agents when clearing security. I fly firly frequently- I think I get singled out for "extra attention" simply BECAUSE I am ablonde WASP- that way they can say they aren't profiling others. I had one TSA agent run his fingers along the underwire of my bra- definitely out of line and uncalled for. TSA agents in my experience are uneducated and uncaring bottom of the barrel employees.

I agree, TSA sucks. They are under trained and were drawn from the ranks of the unempolyed and fast food chains. WHat they do is provide another level for the bad guys to get through. Get through they will at some point but we have stoped all serious attempts so far.

chickdiver:
Ya know... you might be right... IF I FELT ANY SAFER TRAVELING. I do not. What I do feel is frustrationa nd loathing for TSA. In the last 5 years I have filed 3 written complaints with TSA for being groped by thier agents when clearing security. I fly firly frequently- I think I get singled out for "extra attention" simply BECAUSE I am ablonde WASP- that way they can say they aren't profiling others. I had one TSA agent run his fingers along the underwire of my bra- definitely out of line and uncalled for. TSA agents in my experience are uneducated and uncaring bottom of the barrel employees.

one way to prevent this is to request a female do the search may take longer but you def will not feel as violated. . .

as far as uncaring and uneducated. . . they are doing ajob that you wouldn't want and neither would i. . .

jhbryaniv:
as far as uncaring and uneducated. . . they are doing ajob that you wouldn't want and neither would i. . .

I have never seen a female agent at Pensacola Regional Airport. The last time I asked for one the best I was offered was a (male) supervisor.

As for doing a job the rest of us wouldn't want... come on. 90% of the time I see them standing around chatting it up on coffee breaks. They aren't int he military- they aren't taking any risk the rest of us don't take every day....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom