New toy: Deep6 Excursion, new firmware

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

d^2b

Worse diving through photography
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have just received a deep6 excursion computer, updated the firmware, and set a custom GF to match my peregrine. Unfortunately I'm landlocked for about 6 weeks, so I can't easily try it out. Is there a an updated manual, or at least some pictures of the new screens in dive mode? Or maybe some way to flip to the other screens in scuba mode?

No new manual yet. You can get it into dive mode by blowing (hard) on the sensor to increase the pressure. Will give you about a minute to play with the dive mode menu options.

It looks mildly hilarious that my "dive" which is recorded as 1 minute for a max of 0ft has given my 24h of "no fly" time (I understand this kind of countdown is typical, this is just a corner case), but it does work, thanks!

@d^2b That is a standard 24h timer, as many instructors/agencies teach. Flip through the home screen pages though (bottom right button), and have a look at the PA Ceiling :wink:

@d^2b That is a standard 24h timer, as many instructors/agencies teach. Flip through the home screen pages though (bottom right button), and have a look at the PA Ceiling :wink:
Apparently I should avoid climbing Mount Everest for at least another 5 hours :cool:

Should the new firmware connect to the RC23 version of Divestory that installed it? I see "Dive computer found", but then no "computer button" shows up on the screen (with the old firmware there was a button giving serial number and firmware version). I'm not sure if this is specific to my android phone, or a problem with the App.

no, dive story doesn't work with the new firmware. We just used it for 'side loading' the firmware we made.
You can link with any logging software that uses an updated version of libdivecomputer though.

Just to confirm, after getting some hints from the long thread at SubSurface and the new Deep6 Excursion firmware, I managed to download my test dives to

Subsurface Mobile on Android 6.0.5205

Subsurface Desktop on Debian Linux 6.0.5144 (appimage)

Some notes:

- I ran SYS RST to get the excursion showing up in the android pairing menu
- I paired the excursion with the android phone
- I did not pair with the linux desktop
- In both cases I had to check "show all bluetooth devices".

Does anyone have battery life figures for the new firmware? Or for the original firmware? I'm wondering what kind of recharge schedule is appropriate. I assume just leaving it in the clip all the time is probably a bad idea? With my peregrines, I recharge them every couple of months, but their battery is substantially larger.

I believe studies generally show that lithium batteries kept in the 30-70% range of charge tend to last longer. Fully charging devices for storage can sometimes be counterproductive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom