New to Scuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

primalchaos

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello,

I am new to scuba, and will be taking my open water this next weekend in Bonn Terre. I live in Michigan, and right now all of our water is a solid :)

awesome.. you'll have a blast...

welcome aboard =P

H2Andy:
awesome.. you'll have a blast...

welcome aboard =P

Thank you. Hey, we are visiting Florida in February, around Orlando. Are there any neat (and easy to get to) around there for an afternoon of diving?

Leon

primalchaos:
Thank you. Hey, we are visiting Florida in February, around Orlando. Are there any neat (and easy to get to) around there for an afternoon of diving?

Leon

oh yes.... come down to the forum Florida Conch Divers and ask your
question... you'll get tons of answers.

I would suggest diving Blue Springs (in Orange City); it's like a half-hour drive
from Orlando. Or you can go north for a few hours (two or so) and dive the
Gainesville-High Springs area (Blue Grotto, Devil's Den, Ginnie Springs). These are all easy caverns which you can do as an open water diver safely (you can't carry lights at Blue Springs unless cavern certified).

for ocean diving, i think you'll have to go south to Palm Beach or Ft. Lauderdale. I'm not sure anyone's doing any diving off Daytona this early, but, of course, someone is bound to be doing just that because i said it =P

H2Andy:
oh yes.... come down to the forum Florida Conch Divers and ask your
question... you'll get tons of answers.

I would suggest diving Blue Springs (in Orange City); it's like a half-hour drive
from Orlando. Or you can go north for a few hours (two or so) and dive the
Gainesville-High Springs area (Blue Grotto, Devil's Den, Ginnie Springs). These are all easy caverns which you can do as an open water diver safely (you can't carry lights at Blue Springs unless cavern certified).

for ocean diving, i think you'll have to go south to Palm Beach or Ft. Lauderdale. I'm not sure anyone's doing any diving off Daytona this early, but, of course, someone is bound to be doing just that because i said it =P
Those are great ideas. I'm not sure the wife will like the cavern idea, even if very open (a bit claustrophobic), but I may be able to do that :)

to the Scuba Board!
I live between you and Leon. The lakes around here arnt frozen but there freak-in freezing for sure! Anyway when a diver gets certified a bell rings in Heaven Trust me on that!

Mike

primalchaos:
Hello,

I am new to scuba, and will be taking my open water this next weekend in Bonn Terre. I live in Michigan, and right now all of our water is a solid :)

Welcome to the Board. Please let us know what you think of Bonne Terre when you get back home. I didn't realize they did Open Water checkouts there. I hope to go there this Spring.
Becky

And welcome to SB. :wavey: Put us in your Favorites and check in often.

don

GotAir:
to the Scuba Board!
I live between you and Leon. The lakes around here arnt frozen but there freak-in freezing for sure! Anyway when a diver gets certified a bell rings in Heaven Trust me on that!

Mike

The "pond" where the shop normally does open water has 14" of ice on it now, and today and tomorrow we have a winter storm advisory.

- My second vehicle is a snow plow truck :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom