Looking for a Dive Buddy - Pensacola Area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello everyone, I am very new to scuba and have been having problems finding a dive buddy. I am looking for someone who wouldn't mind having a new person being with them. I am looking for the Pensacola area.

Welcome! I’m over in north central Florida, but the diving community in Florida is very Facebook-centric; look into joining some of the panhandle dive groups on there.

I always recommend new divers visit their local dive shops and ask if they have a dive club; if so, join it! You can join multiple clubs with multiple shops. Many clubs have a monthly meeting and many do monthly dives; it’s a good way to meet other divers in the area and get in a few dives, but your main goal is just to get to know your local dive community (and have them get to know you).

I find it helps to be proactive - if you meet someone at a meeting or a club dive, and you like them, you need to take the first step. Get their contact info/friend them on social media, and then reach out and invite them to go diving (propose a specific day/site). It’s nice to have others invite you, but realistically you’ll get in a lot more dives and meet a lot more potential buddies if you’re willing to take the first step.

Eventually, you’ll find a core group of buddies who you mesh with and whose diving style you enjoy.

I don’t get out to the panhandle much, but if you’re ever interested in diving the central Florida springs, check out Florida Springs Dive Club on Facebook, plenty of folks looking for buddies and we do a monthly club dive in the springs (you can just show up - no buddy, no problem!).

Try posting in the Southeastern U.S. (not Florida) sub forum. I had success a couple of times finding a buddy there to dive with on the panhandle. Maybe Dive Pros in P'cola could help?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom